Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Transfering Outlook files… Help
  • nasher
    Free Member

I have done some searching on google, but I,m even more confused.

I am buying a new laptop and I want to transfer my outlook files, contacts, emails, stuff in inbox, sent folder… basically everything…

how do i get them on to an external hard drive? and without deleting everything on my current PC

Ta

scuttler

Version of Windows. Version of Outlook. Version of Windows on the PC you’re buying / bought.

mossimus
    Free Member

Look in the outlook menus and find export. Then export all data to file as a pst, on new machine open outlook then choose import, select you pst file from previous step.

dh
    Free Member

File > export folder to pst, select top of outlook tree and save file to external hd. On other pc, import pst file.

Cougar

Version of Windows. Version of Outlook. Version of Windows on the PC you’re buying / bought.

This. Also, do you mean Outlook or Outlook Express?

dh
    Free Member

Alternatively if destination is a Windows 7 pc, Google easy transfer for Windows 7 that will also take details of email accounts and loads more.

nasher
    Free Member

Thanks guys

mogrim

You could also just copy the stuff over, it’s all in C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook.

Export is probably the safest way to do it, though I’d probably make a backup of this directory too.

You might want to do a mail clearout before you start, if you’ve been receiving loads of attachments you’ll have a huge outlook file.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Transfering Outlook files… Help’ is closed to new replies.