Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Transfil sealed gear cable fitting question (flying snake)
  • DenDennis
    Free Member

Anyone fitted these successfully?
    Just got a question on the attached instructions- dont want to go cutting anything to the wrong length,
    Item 3- what does that mean in relation to where to cut the liner(is it just a bad translation)?
    cut it like on the picture? if so, doesnt the cable still get cack on it where it comes out of the barrel adjuster and extends/tightens at the end? maybe this isnt a problem?

thanks for help in advance- cheers 🙂

image here also link

DenDennis
    Free Member

bump!

anyone? thanks

DenDennis
    Free Member

one last bump 😛

any advice / help appreciated – thanks

owenfackrell
    Free Member

I have fitted the mud lover versions of these a few times. if you cut the liner just loger than the last ferrel is seems that it is tight enough fit to the cable to stop any thing getting in to it. The liner doesn’t move just the inner. They work really well and the only reason i have had to change them is either a change of frame or i have had to repalce the shifters and mech.

DenDennis
    Free Member

OK cheers Owen, I’ll give that a try

dibboid
    Free Member

Make sure you burr up the end of the liner at the lever end to stop it sliding through the outer. I’ve fitted these myself and they are ace cables. Oh and you’ll need some proper cutters too as the carbon/stainless wired outer is tough & you need a clean cut.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Transfil sealed gear cable fitting question (flying snake)’ is closed to new replies.