Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Trance X29? Any views?
  • Turnerfan1
    Free Member

I have an Anthem X29 and fancy a change!
    My thinking is slightly shorter stays and a bit more playful.
    Also possibility of running 130 or 140mm forks?
    Any views?
    Pictures would be good too!
    Thanks,
    Max

granny_ring

What size frame is your anthem?

FOG

I have a 2013 one that I bought as a frame only last year. I went from a 100mm xc style FS to the Trance. At first I absolutely hated it for its long low slackness but once I got used to it I grew to love it due to its long low slackness. It’s not a bad mile muncher but it excels in more technical stuff. When I built it I followed Giant in using a 120mm fork but it definitely needs at least 140mm. I notice now giant have dropped the Trance 29er the 27.5 Trance comes standard with 140mm.

Turnerfan1
    Free Member

My Anthem is a large.
    Mite consider selling if something suitable comes along!
    Any pictures of Trance 29er?
    Thanks,
    Max

perthmtb
    Free Member

It’s a weird one-off freak of nature, product of a time when Giant were trying to make everything a 29er. Now they’ve come to their senses and the Trance 27.5 is everything the Trance X29 should have been and more. Just my opinion of course… 😉

billyboy
    Free Member

I built up a Trance X29er frame two years ago with a Trace 120 fork and I love the thing.

I mainly do the more challenging end of XC, because I lack the talent to do all mountain/enduro stuff, and I also don’t bounce very well when I fall off now I’m over 50!

A far more talented mate had it for a day last week and rode some pretty serious rockeries on it with a bit of air born stuff, and it did everything he asked of it.

It is good for the all day trips in the Highlands that I try and fit in a couple of times a year, and it always makes me smile when I ride it.

Turnerfan1
    Free Member

Thanks for the comments guys.
    I am quite happy with the Anthem but fancied something more capable.
    Afraid I am sticking to the 29ers as they suit me quite well!
    Max

granny_ring

Too big for me.

letmetalktomark

I have a Trance frame built up from a SH frame only.

Apart from some early days full suspension shenanigans its the first “proper” full suspension bike I’ve had.

Currently running 120mm forks and XC ish wheels but planning on trying a 140mm fork and my Flow wheelset.

I’ve just had a 650b+ wheel built with plans of trialing this in full 650b+ guise i.e Hugo rims and Trailblazers as I think there should be enough room.

pipiom
    Free Member

I had this one….great bike, only sold it when I bought Tallboy LTC

https://www.giant-bicycles.com/en-us/bikes/model/trance.x.29er.0/11514/55872/

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Trance X29? Any views?’ is closed to new replies.