Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Trampolines
  • Spud

Can anyone recommend me somewhere to get one from? 10ft most likely wanted. but there are so many places selling them.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I have seen loads lying around in people's gardens.

surfer
    Free Member

We got one from Costco. Almost everything I have bought from them has been top quality and after sales is very good.
    I was sceptical at first because it doesnt have springs but has plastic bars that are slightly compressed to provide the bounce.
    It has been outstanding and is quite quiet, expensive but the kids love it and it has an excellent netting which is the best I have seen.
    If you are interested I can take some snaps of mine.

wwaswas

they're all much of a muchness – B&Q etc often have them cheap.

Get one with a net around it unless you want regular trips to a&e

Hedgehog
    Free Member

adult size ? 🙂

the-muffin-man

Get one with a net around it unless you want regular trips to a&e

Aye! – we have a friend who works in childrens A&E and the biggest cause of accidents they are seeing are from kids on trampolines – 2nd is kids falling off bikes!

RoterStern
    Free Member

I have just built up a 3m diameter one with safety net which we got from Aldi (Germany) for 130 Euros. Could well be the offer starts in the UK later.

stever
    Free Member

Asda – 96 quid with a net right now. Colleague just got one and really pleased with it.

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Interesting.

Our mates have got one (looks pretty professionally done to me) and our little boy absolutely loved it. Looks expensive (has an 8ft net around it, very heavy duty, proper ladder up to it, etc) but I guess it might not be too bad? What about UV/rain issues? Do they last?

wwaswas

we got ours for about £120 from ebay about 5 years ago. It's been in the garden year round ever since and is still going strong.

jonahtonto
    Free Member

join your local freecycle group – they are constantly being given away on there cos everyone seems to have bought one a few years back and kids bore of them pretty quickly
    reduce reuse recycle

itchypedro
    Free Member

We have one of these…
    http://www.jumpforfun.co.uk/9ft-octajump-and-safety-net-junior.htm#

It's really good, not as cheap as some others but stable enough for me to go on, ideal for my two kids.

monkfish
    Free Member

got a TP one. Make sure you're on good terms with the local A&E dept to cut down on the waiting times.

Excellent quality out in all weathers without a cover for 5 years still good as new

antigee

we have some simple rules (and a net and rubber matting under the ladder)

no bouncing while zip is undone ( a handy rule in lots of situations)

net zip to be done up when bouncing

no flips even if you have been to trampolining lessons

no more that 2 people bouncing at once (one is just too boring)

no big ones to bounce on a little one

yes some UV problems but parts are replaceable from lots of web sites also a cover is handy – we had a rocket go straight thru the mat

miketually
    Free Member

We got a 12' trampoline with an enclosure. It's rated to 100kg, so we get to have a go too.

midlifecrashes

12' round one here, no enclosure. Prefer the idea that they get used to playing within their limitations rather than relying on safety nets which might fail. No one has ever properly fallen off it whilst bouncing. My son did break his arm trying a dumb bounce up high from feet to land in a handstand move (we'd previously told them not to, and why), but a net wouldn't have helped with that. Only 90 minutes into the summer holidays too, timing!

Andituk
    Free Member

I'll ask my neighbour where they got theirs when I go round to stab him to death with a rusty fork after finally snapping from the squeek, squeek, squeek, squeek, boing, squeek, squeek, scream, squeek, shout, squeek, squeek, boing, daddy he's done this, squeek, squeek, squeek, she's not letting me have a go, squeek, squeek, boing, crash, scream, sirens, ambulance etc etc etc etc everytime I open the window.

wwaswas

Prefer the idea that they get used to playing within their limitations… My son did break his arm

school of hard knocks…

stever
    Free Member

My youngest bounced straight into a thorn bush, in between putting the trampoline up and getting the net on. Lesson well learnt I thought.

teagirl
    Free Member

John Lewis online here, they had a variety of sizes and quality and delivered at the time stated. Also the one we got, Supertramp, came with a how-to-use dvd and a free lesson at a professional club which was useful to me in laying down the rules!

antigee

Andituk – Member
    I'll ask my neighbour where they got theirs when I go round to stab him to death with a rusty fork after finally snapping from the squeek, squeek, squeek, squeek, boing, squeek, squeek, scream, squeek, shout, squeek, squeek, boing, daddy he's done this, squeek, squeek, squeek, she's not letting me have a go, squeek, squeek, boing, crash, scream, sirens, ambulance etc etc etc etc everytime I open the window.

i got it from b&q – same place you got drill from and that is nextdoor to curry's where you got the radio with the volume stuck on full from and by the way will you be going to the pub to watch the world cup or can i listen to it while you work on your latest project? ……contd p92

"dad, boing, dad, boing, the neighbours, boing, are having a bbq, bloing"

JollyGreenGiant
    Free Member

We got a 12ft one from B and Q last year.I think my 3 kids and assorted friends have been on it virtually everyday since they`ve had it,so it was £150 well spent in our book.

The surround that cover the springs succumbed to UV fairly quickly,but you can pick up replacements for about £40 on ebay.

sweepy
    Free Member

My youngest bounced straight into a thorn bush, in between putting the trampoline up and getting the net on. Lesson well learnt I thought.

I bet he wouldn't have done it again tho 😉

oliverd1981
    Free Member

I just use the ones on the estate while everyone is at work/school. Climbing over fences in snowboard boots is hard work though.

antigee

oliverd1981

inspiration!!

well i've got to go and mow the lawn now but later when kids are in the bath i'll be google earthing and planning a city crossing purely from trampoline to trampoline – up yours Burt Reynolds and down with yr speedos

Christowkid
    Free Member

We bought a Supertramp about 6-7 years ago and it's been brilliant!
    It is very solid and heavy and was easy to put together. It has never moved despite incredibly strong winds in our exposed position.
    By comparison my neighbour bought a cheapy from Makro. The first one was almost impossible to put together, then my neighbour got a new one because they had been recalled, someone had fallen twixt frame andmiddle and died. It's now blown over countless times, once over 2 cars, then over a tall Devon hedge and ended up in the lane. It just missed my wife's Golf but didn't miss our down pipe. Being cast iron it sent shock waves up the pipe and later shattered the guttering which then came down in pieces.
    The guttering damaged the slates of a bay window as it fell. That guttering was original and had been up for ~ 150 years…. It's now in peices tied to my mate's tractor.
    Ours still stands in the garden, it hasn't moved.
    You pays yer money…..!
    Q

epicyclo

If it's for the kids, it may be better to buy them brakeless fixies.

They'll get less injuries:)

druidh
    Free Member

We've had a 13ft trampoline for a few years now and this will be the first summer we've not put it up (daughter has outgrown it really). It's been brilliant in that time. We didn't bother with a net either. I reckon that it's better for kids to learn what's dangerous. If they weren't on the trampoline, they'd be falling out of tress or off bikes.

Kevevs
    Free Member

the £96 10fters in asda are going like hot cakes. apparently the same as £170 jobbies in other shops. They weigh fookin 57 kilo's though and are a basturd to get into a hatchback.

anyway, you can bring it back once you've used it, say it's rubbish, and get yer money back. just don't dump it in the car park, or next time you shop your tyres will be flat. HTH

banginon

My wee lass just spent a late night in casualty after failing (I nearly got it Daddy) a flip then rebounding onto her knees and knocking her sternum away from the muscles nehind it. Ouch !!!!! Still very sore a week and lots of kiddy pain killers later. That's with a net; and recent 'trampolining lessons' at school…… That ought to learn her 😉 see Northwinds 'what have I done to my chest post !

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘Trampolines’ is closed to new replies.