Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • tramadol or codiene?
  • anagallis_arvensis

So following the latest surgery i was sent home with these painkillers. Have taken codeine before with no ill effects, but currently feel like shit with headaches and feeling sick. Is it likely to be the tramadol.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

yes. quite possible that its side effects from the tramadol. could also be reaction to any anaesthetic you got

anagallis_arvensis

Had the surgery on saturday so would imagine the anesthetic effects would have worn off. Might stop the tramadol and see what happens.

crazy-legs

Tramadol wiped me out completely – not ill but just REALLY tired! I cut the dose down a bit and it was then OK. It often gives you constipation too.

tracknicko
    Free Member

as does codeine and codeine derivatives.

expect to be blocked up one way or another!

Dibbs
    Free Member

The do prescribed Tramadol for my mum a couple of months back, she took one tab and was in bed for two days throwing up and hallucinating. She said she still taste it after three days.

skywalker
    Free Member

I had sciatica for a while, my girlfriend said her sister had a bad back and had some pain killers (which turned out to be Tramadol) I could have while I waited for an appointment at the doctors. I took one and it seemed to do nothing, so a few hours later took another. I was out of it for a whole day, they made me immensely tired, and I slept for nearly 24 hours.

On the other hand I am fine with Cocodamol.

tracknicko
    Free Member

tramadol sounds good to me.

i had codeine following my knee ops. i would have paid extra to have a pill that knocked me out for 24hrs at a time!

depends how much it hurts i guess? i was ready to be hit with a big sleepy hammer…

scholarsgate
    Free Member

I had knee surgery last year and was given tramadol.

Good stuff but can knock you about a bit.

RobHilton
    Free Member

Tramadol did nothing for pain relief for me and made me a bit loopy (in a bad way). One of my friends told me not to take it as it had made her Dad really depressed – totally ignored her as the codine had stopped being effective after eating buckets of it so went ahead and took it for a couple of days – 50mg dose.

A few days later went back to the doc’s complaining that it did **** all and he upped the dose to 200mg slow release – a week later I was quite depressed, so I came off it – the depression got much worse. And stayed with me for a few shitty weeks.

A couple of years later, waking with a king size hangover, I couldn’t find any painkillers in the house aside from the evil Tramadol so I took one and spent the next few hours walking round the house (hangover intact) talking very loudly to myself

Terrible stuff IME.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Best mate(33 at the time) had sudden onset of bad athititis, he still accredits heavy tramadol use as the reason his first marriage went tits up!! Still has the athititis but modern meds five yrs down the line means he only breaks out the tram in really bad times!! Don’t drive on it either!

Sodajim

On their own tramadol work geat as a pain killer at the time you need them, I just found with them 2 or 3 days latter Id get a 4 day head ache ranging form niggling to full on throw up and want to cut your own head off migrains over the duration.

Ive had to take them for months at time before and only managed that if taken as a cocktail with other medication!

edit ; codine can give you great head aches if you take them for too long as well!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘tramadol or codiene?’ is closed to new replies.