Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Training whilst working? Emails on a static bike?
  • Lofty
    Free Member

Ok bear with me…… I struggle to find time to train and also struggle to keep up with emails etc. I heard of a guy who does an hour on a static bike every morning and smashes through his emails whilst he’s on there. Anyone do anything similar? If yes suggestions for what bike I buy??

I appreciate it’ll be pretty low intensity but it’ll be multitasking at its best!

scc999

Some offices have “walking desks” – basically a stand up desk with a treadmilll.

Not seen a bike version though!

curto80
    Free Member

I’ll check emails whilst I’m warming up but not type any responses. You’d end up doing a half arsed job of both things i reckon. Better off doing half an hour of focussed work and then half an hour of proper training.

jonny-m
    Free Member

Sweaty fingers on a tablet + predictive text = some strange words.

Don’t bother

Lankysprinter
    Free Member

A guy I know did this, sat up on turbo at homemade stand up desk. He did up to two hours which is nuts!

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I’ve been thinking of getting some rollers for work, spend a lot of time ‘on call’ waiting for the phone that never rings. So some active recovery, low-intensity riding might do me some good.

tpbiker
    Free Member

I’ve done it on a few conference calls where I am 100% sure I won’t have to contribute.

When on my turbo I can’t focus on the TV, let alone actually doing anything remotely valuable at work.

I think that if you are actually wanting to train then you would get more out of a hard 20 min than a half assed hr of multi tasking.. But if you just want to spin the legs rather than sit at a desk it probably an option

scaredypants

sometimes you get people who seem to be typing messages in the middle of a zwift race – or else they have some voice recognition thing going on

either way, it’s pretty disconcerting when I’m battering myself to keep up and you see “come on guys, work together” – W.T.F ??

tiim
    Free Member

Works on recovery spin type rides for me, these are 30-40mins the day after a race at something like 100-110bom. I’ll often do these in the evening and churn through emails from the day I’ve not got round to responding to.

crosshair
    Free Member

Nathan Guerra (Zwift racing live stream commentator) is also a pro MTB rider. He trains almost exclusively on the Turbo and is big into streaming himself playing these weird RPG things, often for hours, whilst riding his bike! So it can be done.

scaredypants

Nathan Guerra (Zwift racing live stream commentator) is also a pro MTB rider

[quote]actually[/quote] 🙂

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Your expected to work from home in your own time ?!?

Or do you mean having a turbo trainer in the office at work ?

Bream
    Free Member

I’ve also been thinking about this, but can only imagine it working for low intensity stuff if at all. Like has been said, god knows how people can type and Zwift race at the same time, I can’t even reach the keyboard!

There was a film from a few years ago, maybe K2 where a fancy broker type had a climbing machine in his office. That’s what I’d like but with bike 😆

martinhutch

Some offices have “walking desks” – basically a stand up desk with a treadmilll.

It’ll never take off.

wilburt
    Free Member

I have a trainer set up next to me now. Couldnt dual task though and not my style which is largely do bugger all( a little thinking perhaps) for 75% of the time then smash out my work in one concentrated effort. Training may happen in the 75%.

Calls I dont contribute to I avoid.

northernmatt

You can buy a proper sized sit/stand desk from Ikea for that money.

hooli

As above, split the time and do 1 thing well.

Gotama
    Free Member

It’ll never take off.

So subtle its almost slipped through unnoticed 😀

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Training whilst working? Emails on a static bike?’ is closed to new replies.