Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Training logs/diaries
  • billybob
    Free Member

I’ve decided it’d be good to keep a record of my rides this year as I generally use My Tracks on my desire to log my rides. Having never done anything like this before, ideally what I’d like is to be export my gps tracks straight into the software.

Does anyone know of anything on a mac that’d do this or if there is something online that meets my requirements?

Thanks…

CraigW
    Free Member

For Mac software, you could try Ascent. http://www.montebellosoftware.com/
    I’ve never used it myself, but I’ve noticed a few people recommending it.

dobo
    Free Member

garmin traing center if your using a garmin device

i’m in a similar position but on windows, looking at sporttracks 3 at the moment which looks good but not free…

billybob
    Free Member

Thanks – I’ve downloaded Ascent to try – looks good, if I can sus out how to use it…

phiiiiil

I’ve used SportTracks for years, even on a mac where I run it under VMware. It does the trick for me, providing a raft of statistics and the like for all the pointless number crunching you can think of. ‘Tis well worth the cost in my opinion (I even donated before it cost anything). I don’t suppose you could try to find a download of the free SportTracks 2 anywhere? You could then upgrade if you liked it and wanted more…

Dibbs
    Free Member

Garmin Connect works for me.

DickBarton

http://WWW.mapmytracks.com you upload the .gpx file from My Tracks and it does the rest. All free as well. Upload can be done by email. So in my tracks you view the route and choose send to friend, select .gpx file then email it to your account.

billybob
    Free Member

I like the look of mapmytracks – can you set it so only you or select others can see it?

krixmeister

+1 for Ascent if you are on a Mac – I use it with my Edge 705

Waderider
    Free Member

Morbid fear of a file type becoming redundant means I use both .odf and .xlsx – a spreadsheet to you and me, one open source one microsoft.

gothandy

I have been using Garmin connect for the last two years … good but a little limited and guess it will only work with a Garmin GPS.

but just making the move to SportTracks 3.0 which has been good so far. It also has a nice healthy developer community writing plug-ins for extra functionality. It probably suits an IT/stats geek best.

I did find getting my data off the Garmin very time consuming.

djglover
    Free Member

Garmin connect is great for me, dead easy to use and the analysis on the dashboard and reoprts is good I find.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Training logs/diaries’ is closed to new replies.