Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • training advice
  • marcus
    Free Member

Can anyone recommend a good book which specifically advises on training on turbos / rollers. I am looking for examples of training sessions to work on various areas of fitness etc.

Thanks in advance

Ed2001
    Free Member

Not a book but the joe beer site has plenty of turbo trainer workouts and they are free.I think its something like JBST they’re are others but I can’t remember at the moment.Ask on veloriders your sure to get plenty of advice on there.Plenty of good books to help with training mainly aimed at roadies with sections on static training.

molgrips
    Free Member

Turbo for speed work. There’s no substitute for hours on the bike for an endurance sport, and you need to put in long rides otherwise you’ll never get proper fit and strong.

sofatester
    Free Member

What type of riding do you want to get “fit” for?

jedi

peter reid wrote a few good ones.
    i made all my own sessions based on various intervals and recoveries

pyramids etc..

redted
    Free Member

Pete Reade’s books ” the black book” and “the blue book” I think they were called. They were the turbo training bible for quite a few years.

marcus
    Free Member

molgrips and sofa,I would consider i already have a good level of base fitness and will be maintaining this with longer rides. I want the Turbo to improve speed on the bike over 10 and 25 mile range (triathlon)

marcus
    Free Member

Jedi & Redted – 2 recommendations for the same book has to be worth a look. From your post JEdi I take it the book provides the ‘nuts and bolts’ of putting together your own programme ?

jedi

no, i coached various riders.
    i made mine up using experience

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘training advice’ is closed to new replies.