• This topic has 14 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Haze.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Training
  • molgrips
    Free Member

What a load of bollocks. Last night prized myself off the sofa next to my warm cosy Mrs, put on lycra and went out in the cold and rain for an hour of grim wet roads. What a pillock.

weeksy

You’d have been better off taking the Mrs upstairs and ripping the back out of her for an hour….

You may even get special treats then 🙂

arrpee
    Free Member

I hear you.

I just forsook my measly 30 minute lunch break to do horrible intervals up and down a dingy stairwell.

Followed this up with a freezing cold shower in order to avoid smelling like a chunk of brie once back at my desk.

Fanny.

ton

just commute….it is free training.

Gary_M
    Free Member

As ton said if you can commute on the bike then its a great way to do training in dead time. 2h 30mins training for me at least 3 times a week in time that would otherwise be spent in the car.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Just think of all that character you are building.

molgrips
    Free Member

just commute….it is free training.

Yeah not very effective when you are working from home. My next engagement is in Bonn so it’s a bit of a stretch 🙂

BadlyWiredDog

What a load of bollocks. Last night prized myself off the sofa next to my warm cosy Mrs, put on lycra and went out in the cold and rain for an hour of grim wet roads. What a pillock.

Nice humblebrag, Moley 😉

[and you meant ‘prised’ btw]

fasthaggis

If you had got your arse off the sofa earlier,it would have been 2 hours.
    #lightweight 😛

Rubber_Buccaneer

Last night I went out for a couple of hours on not too wet bridleways. It was great, maybe because it was a ride rather than training. And it was followed by a pint. I may still be a pillock though.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Last night prized myself off the sofa

Yeah not very effective when you are working from home

Does Not Compute

rusty90
    Free Member

Interviewer: “What motivates you to go training when you get up, look out the window and realise its raining and cold?”

Robert Millar: “Well, you judge how cold its likely to be, look at how hard it’s raining, then realise that Sean Kelly has already been out for two hours without gloves”

Sandwich

Rule 9 at work.

mtbcoach
    Free Member

Firstly: You’re only going to get fitter if you keep training.

Secondly: You’re only going to keep training if you enjoy it.

Thirdly: What are you training for? Surely there’s some motivation lurking in there somewhere?

I coach a lad whose only training is commuting. We’ve got some great traffic light intervals going at the moment.

Haze

Winter miles…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Training’ is closed to new replies.