Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Trainerroad thread fork: Any Knights Of Sufferlandria in the realm?
  • reluctantlondoner

Tempted by the insanity of a Knighthood. 10 videos back to back…

Curious to know if anyone has done it and what their learning was? How long did the training take?

mrblobby
    Free Member

I don’t see the point.

Edit… oooh you get a certificate 🙂

fifeandy
    Free Member

Well, forgive me for being blunt, but seems a stupid idea.
    If you do 1 sufferfest video properly you are on your knees, can’t see how it would be even possible to do 10.

legend
    Free Member

Wot he says ^ Was shaking like a shitting dog when I finished 9 Hammers tonight, and fitness will never change that. If you can do 10 in a row isn’t that just doing them wrong?

reluctantlondoner

I think it is accepted that you knock your FTP down to 75/80% of your normal FTP setting to help you through.

I think many/any challenges often fail to stand up to critical scrutiny – some appeal to some folk, some appeal to other folk.

djflexure

Their ToS was good but this sounds silly.
    Just got the app and free week trial. Trying it out again as an alternative to TR

sweaman2
    Free Member

I’ve attempted the TrainerRoad Tour of California and it was properly brutal at 100% of ftp. I rested before and even so didn’t succeed on all of the workouts.

IvanDobski
    Free Member

I did the ToS at 100% FTP a couple of years ago and the final day had 3 videos back to back – was doable but I wouldn’t fancy trying 10 unless you get to pick the order in which you do them and can do sprints – steady state – sprints etc so you can get a bit of a break.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

mtbtomo
    Free Member

I did ToS a couple of years ago too at 100% FTP and also ended up with 3 videos to do on the last day – about 4.5 hours on the turbo. It was split so it ended up 2 before midday and 2.5 after. But by the end, everything had gone grey, and it was like wading through waist deep mud. Glad I finished and I too have thought about doing a knighthood but at full FTP it surely should by definition be pretty much impossible since such a large proportion of time will be at or above FTP. So if you can sustain it then your FTP wouldn’t be high enough?

matts
    Free Member

So if you can sustain it then your FTP wouldn’t be high enough?

This.

But maybe that’s not the point.

Maybe it’s really just a good motivational tool to do a bit more training for people who would otherwise struggle to do it.

Different strokes for different folks.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

I think many/any challenges often fail to stand up to critical scrutiny – some appeal to some folk, some appeal to other folk.

+1

I paid £1500 for a bike to ride around a muddy field for 40 minutes. Some people ride bicycles in circles indoors. Others hit balls with sticks and follow them around the countryside or sit in front of a TV pretending to shoot other people or drive cars. Most pastimes don’t bear logical scrutiny.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Trainerroad thread fork: Any Knights Of Sufferlandria in the realm?’ is closed to new replies.