Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Trainer Road Alternative ??
  • Doh1Nut

Santa brought me a Wahoo ANT+ dongle so I can get turbo training data on my ipad.
    I have tried a few apps to show the data, but they were not really very good, either over or under damped and mostly designed for the iphone as a bike computer replacement.

I think a trainer road subscription is overkill as all I want is an app that

1. Shows – Power (powertap), Speed/Cadence ,and HR

2. Shows target and actual power.

I am not worried about collecting data as the garmin does a good job of that, it is the Target. vs. actual power that is difficult to find but cant be that difficult to implement and not really worth $10/month.

Any suggestions?

thomthumb
    Free Member

whats the target though?

I can’t the see the point – unless you go full trainer road then you are making up a target – write it down, the garmin will display actual power.

trainer road is ~ half price if you pay annually.

Doh1Nut

Sorry – to expand on the power thing
    Many apps give the opportunity to create or follow a training session.
    Xmins warm-up then X mins at effort 7.5/10 then 4/10 effort which is fine in a perceived effort / Heart rate kind of way but I can never remember what that power should be.
    Yes I can write it down, which might be fine for a few weeks, but I would then like to scale that power if my FTP changes (up or down :x)

Last I looked TR was 12 months for the Price of 10, which is fine but if there is an app out there that does it for a fiver I would rather have that.

Cheers

mrblobby
    Free Member

I use Trainer Road but Golden Cheetha will do what you want too I think.

Just spotted the iPad bit.

philwarren11
    Free Member

Does Motivo have an ipad app?

njee20
    Free Member

Just get Trainer Road! A 5 year subscription is cheaper than your power meter, which is pretty useless if you’re just looking at numbers!

TrainerRoad does it very well indeed.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Motivo is similar price so assumed that rules it out.

bazzer
    Free Member

I have been using Trainer Road with a Wahoo Kickr for a good few weeks now. Its brilliant, it actually makes turbo training bearable for me.

I think its worth every penny.

mrblobby
    Free Member

I’ve lost count of the number of times I’ve told myself I really really don’t need a Kickr 😕

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

Look at Zwift as an alternative if you don’t fancy TrainerRoad:
    http://zwift.com/what-is-it

Phatman
    Free Member

I think i’ll be moving to PerfPRO when my TrainerRoad sub is up.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Trainer Road Alternative ??’ is closed to new replies.