Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Trails near Strathmiglo, Fife
  • humanbean
    Free Member

Taking the family over xmas to see some friends nr Strathmiglo.
    Can anybody recommend any trails nearby, I've found Pitmedden forest, any good??
    I could do with some pub recommendations too, Cheers!

fergusd

Loads of stuff in Pitmedden, cycle in then follow your nose . . . I live the other side of the forest . . .

Not sure about pubs over that way (I'm sure there are plenty), Cree's Inn does some nice real ale and decent Grub over my way (Abernethy) . . .

Trails are very soft/muddy in parts when not frozen at the moment I have to say . . .

Fd

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Lomond hills are nice for a bit of riding and blair adam woods near kelty.

I can't help with detail tho but have ridden in both areas

italspark
    Free Member

talk to the guys at leslie bikes, they know every trail in the area

NZCol

stuartie_c knows Pitmedden quite well, he showed me round last summer.

andrewh
    Free Member

Kemback's alright, albeit small, if you don't want too much travel.

italspark
    Free Member

for scran, head to the pillars of hercules cafe near falkland,
    its not cheap but the food rules, wrap up warm as you may have to sit on the verandah when its busy

stuartie_c
    Free Member

I'd offer to show you round but I'll be up north at Xmas.

Drop me an email if you want some memory map files for the Lomonds (taster here)

SC

mcmoonter
    Free Member

I ride with the guys from the Leslie Bike Shop. Pitmedden is great, miles of natural, rooty and rocky trails. I've been half a dozen times, mainly on night rides, but would still need someone to guide me around. Nothing is waymarked. There is a very keen bunch of riders from Auchtermuchty I've met on the trails up there, but I've never ridden with them.

Contact me, (Email in profile)and we'll see if we can get you up there riding over Christmas.

As StuartieC says the Lomonds are very good too. I know my way around Blairadam pretty well. Its about 20 minutes from Strathmiglo.

dtp555
    Free Member

Pitmeddan is ace, loads of techy singletrack. you will need a guide though. Falkland hill is the best place for downhill, jumps, drops, north shore style stuff. There is some good xc rides there too.

AlasdairMc

We're doing Pitmedden on the 2nd if you're still around. Details on mtbscotland.net

humanbean
    Free Member

Cheers everybody, I'll be there 26th-30th Dec. I will try and pick up the OS amp today.

swiss01
    Free Member

i know pitmedden very well. not quite sure of my plans as yet but if i'm about and time suits i'll happily show you round

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Trails near Strathmiglo, Fife’ is closed to new replies.