Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Trails near Munich
  • jonswhite

Hi. Can anyone recommend any good natural, waymarked trails up to an hour drive from Munich? Recently moved here and don’t know anywhere.
    Can’t be too far as baby on the way so needs to be fast drive, 3hrs riding, drive back kind of stuff.
    Rode Focus Park at Oberammergau last week and liked it but don’t want just bike park stuff. Like downhills and have a 6″ travel bike so climbs are a means to an end.
    Cheers.

colp

Alpin lives there so I’m sure he’ll be along in a bit to help.
    If you expand your travel time to maybe 1hr 15min or so you are around Soll, Scheffau, Elmau etc.

Also, check out https://mtb-club-muenchen.de/

RoterStern
    Free Member

It’s only an hour to Garmisch by car. Lots of big mountains there.

alpin
    Free Member

Hello fella….
    some xc riding to be had along the Isar if you want a quick blast.

Plenty of big mountain riding within an hour or so drive of Minga…. otherwise train is a possibility, but bit of a nightmare in summer.
    I would be happy to show you around, but life is a little up in the air atm. Bike is in the uk along with my van.

I’m currently in town but away from mid July till September.

Happy to meet for a beer if you want some pointers on life in Minga…. email in profile.

Sandwich

Concentrate on the trail when riding the Isar in town. There are many distractions on a sunny day along the river bank. ?

jonswhite

Thanks guys. Been down the Isar trails a few times. Nice for a pre/post work spin.
    Alpin – I’ll drop you a line.

alpin
    Free Member

True dat, sandwich….

Having returned yesterday it’s exactly what I’m planning on doing this afternoon.

It’s hat sunglasses were made for….. 8)

Elbows

If you are going up to 1.5 hours away, you’ve got Leogang etc. Also Pinzgau, Lenggries,Tegernsee as alternatives to Garmisch.
    I’m in Augsburg, if you want to head out into the Stauden (mainly singletrack) It’s good for 20-30km blasts.
    e-mail in profile.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Alpin do I know you from University in Hull?

If not I have a mate who lives in Munich who comes on here occasioanly, and he has done some lovely riding with 1hr of Munich

colp

If you are going up to 1.5 hours away, you’ve got Leogang etc. Also Pinzgau,

Don’t think you can do Leogang in 1.5, my record is just under 2.

Edit. Actually, I’m talking from the airport, it’s a bit quicker from the city so maybe doable.

dukeduvet

I used to live in sonthofen years ago and found some great riding in the allgau. Rocky descents, huge climbs and superb fast single track downhill. Was a challenge on 63mm forks and canti brakes!

Probably an hour and a half drive but train may be quicker.

professor_fate
    Free Member

Found some good trails over by Lermoos/Ehrwald last year, with Garmisch lagging behind somewhat which was disappointing…
    I too was a dweller around Sonthofen back in the day but haven’t found the area great for riding, yet want to check out the area between Oberstdorf and the Tannheimertal/Oberjoch.

alpin
    Free Member

@ FünkyDünc, alas nope… Never setfoot in one, let alone been to Hull.

I used to live in Lindau. Rode near Sonthofen a few times. MittagBerg is good.

Further down the valley you have Oberstdorf and Kleinwalsertal (which is in Austria but only accessible by road via Germany!).
    Some good riding there, but it’s a bit of a trek from Munich.

Lots of good stuff around Garmisch. You just have to know where… Having said that the Blindsee trail near Leermoos is a highlight.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Trails near Munich’ is closed to new replies.