Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Trails near Beverley / Cottingham / Hull
  • AndrewBF
    Free Member

I shall find myself in that vicinity in a few weeks, with a bike to hand. Any good routes / trails? I can’t find any and the OS maps / bridleways look quite uninspiring.

Andrew

rich-c
    Free Member

Hi Andrew,
    You are right there isn’t a great deal and what there is will be quite sticky and muddy now, do you have a road bike? as there are some great quiet roads within 20 mins ride up on the wolds.
    If you’re looking for a bit more info I think these guys do a bit locally,
    http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=12604756&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=2540

Rich

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

Mbr did a killer loop or certainly a mapped route round the wolds. Minster Cycles are a good shop in Beverley, They might help you out.

If not the Yorkshire Moors or Dalby will be about an hours drive north,

AndrewBF
    Free Member

Hmmm.. not much really is there? A short run along towards South Cave on bridleways is the best I can see. Due to logistics we won’t have time on the day for the drive to Moors / Dalby so just a few hours on paths it will have to be.

I can vouch for Minster Cycles – I went in there looking for the bottom half of a brake lever mount (the small ‘U’ bit under the handlebar). They don’t stock such items but took a brake set off the shelf and took the component from that and sold it to me 🙂 They then took the hassle of re-ordering from Hope and putting it back into the brake set. Top service!

iain1775
    Free Member

did a half decent route around Soute Cave and up to Beverley area from my mates house in Brough once, I’ll try and map it tonight

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Trails near Beverley / Cottingham / Hull’ is closed to new replies.