Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Trails at Muirshiel country park, Renfrewshire.
  • kennyboy
    Free Member

I’ve just had a meeting with Fiona Carswell, Marketing and Development Officer for Clyde Muirshiel, regarding the possibility of opening up some trails within the park.

The meeting went really well and we’re trying to put together a community group to allow us to tap into the funding budget. Anyone in the Glasgow, Renfrewshire or Ayrshire areas who’s interested in becoming involved in this give me a nod.

There’s a lot of potential at Muirshiel, it’s just going to take a bit of a push to get the wheels in motion.

Any questions, please ask.

Cheers

birney29
    Free Member

Would love to help – its my local trails.

iainc

Happy to get involved, I grew up on the west side of the park and my folks still live there

althepal

Not quite local so not sure I can be of much help but good luck!
    Do you have a fb page or anything similar btw?

andynaismith
    Free Member

Would love to see this come to fruition. Was walking up at windy hill with wife and youngest son last week and looking over the mountains I was itching for my bike.

Well worth getting a Facebook page as althepal said and linking in to renfrewshire mountain bike club, GMBC and Glasgow mountain bike meetup club. Also trailscotland.com forums.

Count me in for sure!

iainc

Andy – I am just posting this thread onto GMBC site 🙂

captainscrumpy
    Free Member

I live not too far from there and would be happy to help in any way I can. It can become a bit of a mudfest up there in the winter and it’s normally too busy with walkers and kids to be able to tackle the trails safely in the summer. So any development would be great.

kennyboy
    Free Member

This is all great!

I’ve already posted on TrailScotland and have built up some interest.

IainC where were you brought up? I was also brought up in the park, just at the bottom of the access road.

I’ve known the park all my life, i know every inch of it and feel its stuck in a rut, I really feel that this could happen.

Thanks for all the positive responses, can I take them as nod of interest to joining the committee?

From talking to Fiona, I think she relishes the oppertunity to meet up in the pub and get things sorted over a pint of the black stuff 🙂

Thanks for your support

Kenny

captainscrumpy
    Free Member

Haven’t been on stw for a wk or 2. On another committee at the moment but I will have time over the summer.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Trails at Muirshiel country park, Renfrewshire.’ is closed to new replies.