Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Trails around Warminster
  • forge197
    Free Member

I may need to be in Warminster more regularly than I am now, so what trails are there within say 45 minutes drive of Warminter, looking XC type stuff, singletrack 🙂

alexonabike

There is some good riding around the northern edge of the Plain, a decent cheeky bit of singletrack DH in Erlestoke, the woods are where the 12hr 'Set 2 Rise' enduro was held.

forge197
    Free Member

thanks I will have a look at that area

ThurmanMerman
    Free Member

Heathy and/or Alwayshorizontal are the guys to ask as they're both from Warminster. Do a search for their addys – I'm sure they'll oblige.

forge197
    Free Member

thanks I'll do that

cinnamon_girl

forge – RichPenny will be able to help with routes, am sure he will see this thread. Also Beaker I believe is in that vicinity.

There are some people looking for night-riding mates in the Salisbury/Andover area.

Bored of Scotland yet? 😉

forge197
    Free Member

CG – No not at all, but I may need to spend more time down that area, fortunatley I am converting a van to a camper so we can drive down and kip en-route.

alexonabike

I'm also looking for some night riding buddies in the Westbury area, thinking of contacting the SPAM crew – anyone from that bunch on here?

frenchie
    Free Member

Check out the trails around the 'Great Road' or 'Broad drive' as it is also known, above the Wylye valley and leading,after some road riding from warminster, onto a route to Wilton via Groveley wood.

Get in touch as some of us locals are out and about alot and plan to get together for regular riding. Longleat woods should not be sniffed at!

Plenty of very local routes from the town, and access to the Imber path too.

forge197
    Free Member

thank frenchie will drop you a mail

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

I'd be interested in being shown around Longleat Woods some time. I'm in Wells.

forge197
    Free Member

Is Longleat Woods open to cyclists, is it not a private estate?

Opens self to ridicule from locals 😳

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I'm not a SPAMmer, but they're good folk! I ride the other side of the Plain mainly, over the Tidworth/Nethers side of things.

ThurmanMerman
    Free Member

I'd be interested in being shown around Longleat Woods some time. I'm in Wells.

I'll be your man, then Buzz 🙂 It's like the back o' me 'and, mate…

Email's in profile.

mikertroid
    Free Member

Are earlestoke woods good, then?

Just south of the village??

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Trails around Warminster’ is closed to new replies.