Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Trails around Hebden at the moment?
  • hora
    Free Member

Iced up or ok/muddy?

martinhutch

I predict horribly iced up for the next two hours, then muddy.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Suspect the mucky stuff will be ok. Anything resembling cobbles or stone will be lethal if Halifax this morning is anything to go by…

hora
    Free Member

I was thinking tomorrow aft on the way to the folks.

Pook

[video]http://vimeo.com/36607465[/video]

hora
    Free Member

I’m hoping it wont be like that again Chris. Remember that overboiled pub lunch that we had after? Good for those with dentures..which we would have had on that ice!

Pook

That pub….. bloody hell. Portions smaller than podge.

hora
    Free Member

Like we’d walked into an old peoples home!

Pook

To be fair, you were in the demographic.

binners

If its anything like up on the moors last night, which it will be, it’ll be absolutely bloody lethal!!! There’s proper thick sheet ice up on the tops. Downhills on anything hardpack that’s had water anywhere near it, is suicidally slippy

Funny for about half an hour. Then not!

hora
    Free Member

Respect your elders.

binners

Indeed!

hora
    Free Member

Do you think me, you and Pook can have a sex triangle?

binners

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ENiYRkC0uY[/video]

Pook

I don’t like the triangles.

Clover

It’s all changing due to current downpour. Which will have washed away the veneer of extra-slippery ice/mizzle from this morning. I think they correct term for conditions is yucky. But who knows what tomorrow will bring?

hora
    Free Member

Bring out the new Medusa rear tyre!

Clover

This: dryness … but don’t be fooled nothing’s dried out properly all year so it will be much of a muchness. No straying into the mud zone. Splatterproof gear. Although full on animal costumes appeared de rigueur for Hebden riding last week. I liked the bat costume best.

hora
    Free Member

How accurate does XCWeather tend to be? BBCWeather says chucking it down there/Peaks Sat.

ComradeD
    Free Member

i was out round Hebden yesterday and it was bloody freezing, the trails were awesome though. There wasn’t much ice about at all. Did pecket well, blue pig and they were fast as ****.

Its probably gone back to normal today with all the rain. Best bet is wait till next week when it freezes over again.

Clover

It’s usually pretty good – the rain arrives on time. I do a fair amount of ocd weather checking on Friday afternoons…

Oh dear, see what you mean about the BBC. And the metoffice.

hora
    Free Member

Clover- exactly!

wl
    Free Member

I did a big old loop from Hebden around Ogden yesterday and it was amazing – one of the best UK rides I’ve done – tho there was plenty of ice around higher up (99.9% still rideable tho, with care). Today it’s been pissing down all day, but it’s probably still cold enough for ice high up. Risk it, it could be mint.

Clover

Weather forecast improving on BBC and Met Office and holding steady on XC weather. But the temp is averaging 6º so it’s not going to be frozen 🙁

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Trails around Hebden at the moment?’ is closed to new replies.