Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Trails – 3 Valleys France
  • chrismac

Hi

Off to Meribel at the weekend for a week of riding. We have the trail map downloaded. Does the combined experience of STW have any recommendations of trails not to be missed, or best avoided?

We are taking 150mm trail bikes and using the lifts but not averse to some climbing.

Thanks in advance

Chris

nealglover
    Free Member

We loved the trail that goes from the top of Tougnette down to Les Alues at the end of each day.

(But our accom was in Les Allues)

professor_fate
    Free Member

There’s some cracking trails in the Meribel valley, the Super Enduro from just below the Saulire lift is one I can name and the marked bike runs on the other side are ace too if you can handle DH stuff. I’d give the Courchevel valley a miss, though – doesn’t compare imho.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

I found a cheeky trail down into La Praz this weekend. I was walking but it would be just brilliant on the bike. I can tell you where it starts if you pm me.

jambalaya
    Free Member

A good mate is in Meribel now, I’ll try and get some feedback from him although he’s not the best for email etc

Have a look on vttrack.fr and singletrack.fr for some ideas

Superficial
    Free Member

Went to Meribel (les allues actually) on trail bikes a few years ago (maybe 2012, can’t remember). The bike park (if you can call it that) was very basic and nothing compared to PDS, Les Arcs etc etc. But there was a lot of very fun secret stuff to be had, not at all obvious without proper maps and or guidance.

I’m sure they’ve improved the riding in the resort, but it may be worth getting a guide, if only for a day to sniff out the best hors pistes.

chevychase

Plenty in Meribel but I really loved the woods in Courchevel – there’s some really techie stuff that’s not on the official maps that drops out into Le Praz and some stuff out of range of the ski lifts (bus back up) which goes right down to the lake at bozel.

Meh. Explore 🙂

chrismac

Thanks for the info so far everyone

reggiegasket
    Free Member

ygm chris

jambalaya
    Free Member

Buy the IGN map and review over a beverage or two.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Trails – 3 Valleys France’ is closed to new replies.