Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Trail?all mountain forks (140-150mm)
  • racing_ralph
    Free Member

If i can claim on the house insurance for the borked forks, what is good for around £500 (must be 20mm axle please)

trailmonkey

Is there any need to look beyond Pikes ?

colin@rush
    Free Member

Second Pikes…

Northwind

"Is there any need to look beyond Pikes ?"

Yep… The new revs are much lighter and offer much the same performance. Pikes still good but the revs have closed the gap.

james
    Free Member

Have you not read the latest issue of singletrack? I thought the grouptest in there pretty much wrapped it up?

Tracey

Katie has got these on her new build

As plush and lighter than my Pikes

Tracey

racing_ralph
    Free Member

from the bikeoutlet – £330 is a bargain 🙂

hugh_b
    Free Member

I have some 4 month old, mint revs in classifieds if your interested.

Tracey

Cheap at half the price

Tracey

racing_ralph
    Free Member

they would be tracey (weird saying)

Saccades
    Free Member

It'a actually a perfectly good saying that been shortened a bit too much and now confuses anyone that thinks about.

It's supposed to be "Cheap, at half the price of anywhere else"

gothandy

I'm sold on the Rev's, sounds like I can get those new for only £100 more than the Pike dual air's are going for on ebay.

CountZero

145mm Nixons. My three year old pair are still as as plush as a very plush thing.

goog
    Free Member

888 rc3's

stompy

Fox Vans??? Seem to be out of favour with the STW massive but I love mine……

grumm
    Free Member

I love my Fox Vans too – soooooo plush, definitely plusher than my mate's Revelations. Still the OP said 140-150mm and the 36s are 160mm. Quite a bit heavier than Revelations too at a guess?

stompy

32's are 140mm………. then there is Talas 🙂

racing_ralph
    Free Member

fox are QR15 – not 20mm as requested

trailmonkey

Just a thought but 09 RS don't seem to have the bombproof reliability of previous years. I've seen problems with a few sets now. I'd go for 08 coil Pikes if you can find them. Reliable, plush forks and they'll come in cheaper than new Revs.

nickegg
    Free Member

Been running 09 Rev Maxle's for a few weeks now after using Fox Vanilla R's 15QR previously.

For the record, the Rev's were alomost exactly the same weight (although my Fox were 07 internals in 2008 uppers/lowers with a little extra oil in the coil side to ward off stanchion wear), Rev's are waaaaay stiffer, the maxle is far better than the 15QR and i honestly can not tell any difference in performance.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Trail?all mountain forks (140-150mm)’ is closed to new replies.