Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Trail Riding near Stockholm (a long shot!!)
  • snowjunkie
    Free Member

I know this is a long shot but though I would ask.

Does anyone have any recommendations on where to ride around the Stockholm area???

We moved to Sweden over the winter and now we are trying to get our fix of trail riding.

At the moment it seems to be either double track xc or super techie rocks and roots xc which is very challenging but doesnt exactly give me the fun factor. Or there are DH bike parks which will be great to ride but we just want something inbetween at the moment

We are used to riding: FOD, Afan, Cwm Carn, Quontocks and BPW

Any info will be useful.

Cheers

flatpackrider
    Free Member

Yep, its pretty flat in the Stockholm area for quite a few 100 kms in either direction. Whereabouts are you based?

snowjunkie
    Free Member

Based in Northern part of Stockholm. we have tried Flottsbro uplift and I went south of stockholm to Vasterhaninge last weekend. But yes it is pretty flat.

Happy to travel for hills though. got any recommendations???

we have got 2 days at Dowhnilling at Jarvso mid July which will be good and scary as well no doubt!

flatpackrider
    Free Member

If you want hills, you’re doing the right thing by being prepared to travel. Anything in the Stockholm area will be really short and not worth the hassle. IMHO, If you’re here long term, then you will need to adapt and change you’re riding to suit the local terrain.

Im also based in North Stockholm – pm me and I can show you some decent riding in Järvafältet and surrounding.

snowjunkie
    Free Member

I cant see your email in your profile. mine is in my profile. drop me a line and it will be good to sort out a ride. cheers

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Hi I’m a former resident of Gothenburg , now living in Östersund , bit have ridden a fair bit in Stockholm . I think its great for MTB there . Flottsbro , Hellas is decent and further afield Järvsö bike park is decent too!

snowjunkie
    Free Member

We havent been to Hellas yet but we are planing on it soon. also heard there are some trails in Uplands Vasby.

cant wait to ride Jarvso.

Ostersund must be great. it is on our list of places to visit.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Forgot to say check out

https://www.facebook.com/cremefraiche14600/

Mtb club in Stockholm

snowjunkie
    Free Member

going to try the CremeFraiche club soon. odd name but they seem to pretty active

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Also forgot to say ! Have you tried the happy MTB rides? One in Hellas coming up!

warpcow
    Free Member

Riding around Falun, a couple of hours north, might be worth a look. They’ve got some bike-parkie stuff, but a lot of nice flowing natural trails too. There’s a local group there called Falustigcyklister who are pretty active. Check out some videos by jontelevision on PB or Vimeo to see some stuff from the area.

snowjunkie
    Free Member

Falun looks good and not too far away. thanks for the info. i think some secondhand downhill bikes are on the cards at some point!!!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Trail Riding near Stockholm (a long shot!!)’ is closed to new replies.