Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Trail lights question
  • peachos
    Free Member

I’m looking for a new light & was on here about a month ago and came across a uk company from the south somewhere that was making & selling decent spec lights for around £150. It was a small outfit and the maker is active on the forum, but I can’t find the thread or his profile.

Bit vague, I know, but does that sound familiar to anyone?

scotroutes

MTBbatteries

Highly recommended

https://www.mtbbatteries.co.uk/

jimw
    Free Member

If it was Troute, then I believe Chris stopped producing his lights a couple of years ago.

if it was MTB batteries https://www.mtbbatteries.co.uk/mountain-bike-lights/

edit: too slow!

peachos
    Free Member

Nah it wasn’t troutie or mtb batteries. It was a chap from somewhere down south, I’d not heard of his stuff before, but he built and sold a couple of different lamps through an online bike shop rather than his own site.

ianbradbury

I am Daylight Dave (Facebook name as well).
    Chinese imported lampheads that means I can select the best Cree stuff, top spec battery packs made by me, battery bags made locally by a mate, and chargers that actually contain fuses and don’t explode.

scotroutes

peachos – Member
    Nah it wasn’t troutie or mtb batteries. It was a chap from somewhere down south

They’re all “down south” to me 🙂

About as south as it gets. Poole.

peachos
    Free Member

Yes, this is the one. Thanks all, placing an order this morning! 🙂

peachos
    Free Member

@dave – can you confirm the go pro style mount is included or do I need to source one?

Hi, got the order thanks.
    Sorry, the photos do not make things clear (I need to get Cyclorise to sort this)
    I can supply with a GoPro fitting for 31.8mm bar if you want. The ‘rubber band’ is the normal arrangement.

peachos
    Free Member

If you can supply with a go pro style mount that would be great as I’ve never been a fan of the o-ring style mount (was one of the things I was looking for in my purchase). 31.8mm will be great & I’ll get another mount for the other bike which has a 35mm bar.

Cheers.

bigbloke
    Free Member

Dave….can you do battery packs for use with solarstorm X2?

scrumfled
    Free Member

You can always buy one of these: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/8-4V-4x-18650-Waterproof-Battery-Pack-Case-House-Cover-For-Bicycle-Bike-Lamp/302437040160

then slap your own batteries in….

(they’re available cheaper direct from dx or alixpress if you want the wait).

russyh
    Free Member

Hi Dave,
    I am interested in the Trailscorcher 3, but cant see any videos or images of the beam patern and how “bright” it is in full beam mode?

I am desperately trying to navigate the mine field of lights and Lumen braggging nonsense i see elsewhere on the internet. It seems buying a light is worse then buying tyres for confusion.

To answer the above:

Yes, I can do a battery pack for Solarstorm, assuming it is the 8.4V charger. This is a 7 Amp/Hour pack, which is as good as it gets.
    £50 plus £7 post.

Email in profile.

Here is the beam comparison I did the other night. Same 1 sec F4 ISO 200 exposure for all. The right hand side is a Lumicycle explorer on Hi beam (not Boost as that’s only a short term setting)

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Trail lights question’ is closed to new replies.