Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Trail Kings whats your thoughts….???
  • joiner
    Free Member

looking at some 2.2 black chili….do they pinch easy..wear quick..grip as good as they say….???

colster808
    Free Member

I’m pretty sure they are just a renamed rubber queen. I’ve got a set of RQ’s on both bikes now as find they’re a good all rounder. Big volume, grippy and fast ish rolling. I’ve set them up tubless fine and love um. A lot better wearing than other tyres I’ve tried too.
    Used for trial riding, centers and local bridle ways with no issues. If you want to save a bit of money stick a black chilli one up front and a standard folding out back. Standards no where near as grippy but I don’t mind the back skidding about a bit.

darrenspink
    Free Member

They are renamed rubber queens which im running at the moment. Wouldn’t say they a miracle tyre, grip isn’t outstanding. The volume is the best thing about them IMO.

joiner
    Free Member

are these in 2.2 or 2.4 for large volume….

joespencer33
    Free Member

They are just renamed rubber queens.
    I haven’t had chance to ride on mine (2.2, tubeless, black chilli) too much but I have been very pleased. Managed fine at a very sloppy FoD uplift day as well as slick trail centre stuff.
    If you’re worried about pinch flats you could go for the Protection ones as they’ve got stiffer sidewalls.
    On a final note-check out bike-discount.de for them, much cheaper than anywhere here even with £5 postage.

darrenspink
    Free Member

2.2, 2.4 are mighty big. You would need to check they fit under your fork arch.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Trail Kings whats your thoughts….???’ is closed to new replies.