Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Trail "improvement" by St Andrews
  • Phil_H

The path from Denhead down the side of the golf course to Craigtoun is due for “improvement” in a partnership between the council & the land owner as part of the new Pilgrims route tourist attraction.
    This will be the same spec as the new path through Lumbo. i.e. 5 foot wide type 1 surface.
    This means that some of the existing trails will be lost
    The council are looking to hear from mountain bike users to perhaps provide some alternatives.

The council contact is Alison Irvine on 01592 583239
    They are looking to get a list of contacts to hopefully arrange some sort of meeting of interested parties to take things forward.

From a personal point of view it’s quite disappointing that a track that I’ve invested time & money (the hardcore by the wall at the Denhead end) in is to be turned into a wide open motorway.
    However we may be able to save a few sections if we take part in dialogue withe the council & land owner.

househusband

I now live just up the road from Denhead and know that stretch of trail very well as it’s part of my regular cyclocross routes in and out of St Andrews! Well done on the work you have done there; had always wondered who had done it and now I know it was a fellow STW’er. It’d be a shame to lose the nice singletrack in through the woods and I’d happily work with cyclists of all ilk on alternatives.

(I got in touch with you a year or more ago regarding trails in the area but I never got around to actually suggesting meeting up – have to do so sometime!)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Trail "improvement" by St Andrews’ is closed to new replies.