Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • trail full suss, between these 2, opinions and experiences ?
  • iainc

stereo

giant

for general xc natural trail stuff, the odd trail centre. Looking for something a bit more comfy than my Soul for fair weather riding. I am an ageing, ‘wheels firmly on the ground’ rider and do as much up as down, not much mental gnarr riding 🙂

The Soul will be kept for less good days and just ‘cos I love it !

devash
    Free Member

I’d go for the Anthem out of those two. Nice and light and more than capable of trail centre stuff.

loddrik
    Free Member

The Giant certainly looks nicer, and that is what counts after all!

iainc

Thanks, yes swaying towards the Giant so far

Suggsey
    Free Member

Out of the two not from experience of owning a Giant MTB (had road bike and was great) I would go for the Giant too.

fergal
    Free Member

Just to add a little balance, the Stereo is a very good bike, i have the pro version with a pike and reverb, this sealed the deal for me, excellent so far, also have a spesh Enduro to compare, climbs well and is very capable descending.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

The Anthem SX is a MASSIVELY capable bike. Unless you’re doing full on DH race type stuff, I reckon it’s pretty ideal for almost anything in the US.

Fast and light enough for big days in wide open country.
    Slack and bouncy enough for play days at trail centres/BPW etc.

Very capable bike. I demoed one, and it was great. Like a XC bike that could have a bit more of a play. I didn’t get on with the saddle or grips, but that’s personal choice.

iainc

CFH – thats very encouraging, I suspect I’m going to the LBS tomorrow for a chat…. 🙂

renton
    Free Member

Isn’t the trance a better comparison to the cube as its 140mm travel too.

davehast23
    Free Member

What about a new ibis Ian your local bike shop will look after you http://www.sprocketscycles.com heard there doing a deal just now if you buy one you get 5% of the value on free goodies

iainc

Dave, will give you a shout 🙂

davehast23
    Free Member

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Love the sx idea (small wheels aside) but the 2015 colour is gopping in photos and worse in real life. Shame because greát otherwise.

iainc

I actually like the colour !! Not seen it in the flesh yet tho…

rickmeister

Ibis have a demo tour on ATM too

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

get a demo of them bothh or all. Opinion here is just that. Spend sometime finding the righht bike for you

iainc

^^^ Cube don’t have much in the way of demo’s, or stock for that matter….

Will get a look at the Anthem SX. On paper the M is near as dammit same in key geometry numbers as my Soul, so fit ‘should’ be fine…

richellicott
    Free Member

I’ve got the 29er version of the Giant and its perfect for what you’re descibing. I did the rat race coast to coast ride last year and it never faltered. The weight is a real bonus too – my rigid 29er weighs more than my full suss Giant!

iainc

rich – great feedback, just what I need to hear !

davehast23
    Free Member

http://Www.sprocketscycles.com have a mojo hd3 demo bike coming in very soon and it’s the werx spec looks awesome

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘trail full suss, between these 2, opinions and experiences ?’ is closed to new replies.