Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Trail Centres with a view
  • MrFC
    Free Member

Been to quite a few trail centres but not all, and was just thinking that Whinlatter must have one of the best, if not the best, view. What do you think?
    This was taken today by the way.

LMT
    Free Member

Good view, but the ben nevis red is an outstanding view!! not the best picture but you get the idea!
    Its the cross between great views and an outstanding, thinking type of trail!

Garry_Lager

Very nice. I was up the top of Deadwater fell, Kielder red recently and the views are apparently spectacular. Can see both coasts on the clearest of days. Shame it was a rainstorm when I was up there, and you couldn't see 20 yards. One for a return trip.

grumm
    Free Member

Whinlatter's must be the best out of the ones I've been to. Been to Kielder twice and never seen the fabled view. 🙂

druidh
    Free Member

Wolfs Lair at Laggan surely has the best view of all?

The view from Golspie must be worth at least an honourable mention as, on a good day, you can see Jojos house.

LMT
    Free Member

Wolfs lair, ive got a pic of that somewhere as well! will have a look, found it! an yep thats me in the picture, i look tiny but the view is great!

Nice one at CYB, unfortunately taken on a phone.

devs
    Free Member

I've heard that Balblair is the best with views of both coasts. I've yet to ride it but that will change very soon.

guido

no picture but the view across the valley to the waterfall at Cwm Rhaeadr is awesome

hairyscary

Laggan again

cuckoo
    Free Member

I've heard that Balblair is the best with views of both coasts. I've yet to ride it but that will change very soon.

Looking east…

Looking west…

Kbrembo
    Free Member

Golspie and Balblair are both very, very scenic!
    Golspie
    Balblair

allyharp

Balbair looks a fantastic trail from that video – is it really full of loads of rock slab or have you just captured a few of the best bits?

Anyway, Learnie has some good views across the Moray Firth

boxelder

Never been to Lee Quarry??

iainc

did someone say Golspie -)

Northwind

It's really not fair, but Nevis Red wins tbh… It's an amazing view, and it goes on forever.

grumm
    Free Member

Meh really wanted to do that Nevis Red this summer and I've failed – oh well.

mtbmatt
    Free Member

no picture but the view across the valley to the waterfall at Cwm Rhaeadr is awesome

Yep the view is really nice up there.
    Afan is nice from the high point on Skyline and Cwmcarn has a nice view over the Bristol Channel on one side and the Beacons on the other.

LMT
    Free Member

grumm, its an amazing trail, it sucks you in all nice regular singletrack, you go round a corner and its northshore, then rock gardens steep drops, more northshore then some quick switchbacks, its a rollercoaster of a ride and an emotional experience! scared adrenal rush! best ive every done, can't wait till next year when i go back again!

Its a bit far from birmingham to go too often!

Kit
    Free Member

ally – yes that vid is a pretty fair representation of Balblair. Its ace 🙂

(click for a couple more)

I think Laggan is hard to beat though (click pics for nice big version):

postierich
    Free Member

Penmachno

Kit
    Free Member

postierich – Member
    Penmachno

Looks a bit dull to me… 😉

simonralli2
    Free Member

Postierich – love that photo.

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Another vote for the Wolf's Lair view at Laggan, which Hairyscary has captured the essence of pretty well. Loch Laggan is beautiful with its tree-covered islands, Creag Meaghaidh looming above it and the Nevis Range hills in the distance. Stunning on a clear winter's day. It gives me a rare feeling of deep contentment, which has usually evaporated completely by the time I get to Back,Sack and Crack Attack.

😯

will
    Free Member

Laggan for me. Although CYB does always provide some cracking views

stevomcd
    Free Member

Innerleithen, defo. Love Laggan and the rest, but the 360° panorama from the top of Minch Moor always does it for me. Ideally with the sun setting.

Kit
    Free Member

Like this stevo?

stevomcd
    Free Member

Just like that. I still miss it, even given where I live now!

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Trail Centres with a view’ is closed to new replies.