Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 50 total)
  • Trail centre tyres
    Free Member

What would you recomend for a general good all weather trail tyre which will only be used at trail centres

Rorschach
    Free Member

Troll…or dense?

wool

Conti GP 4000 23mm in yellow!

Trekster

cheap, budget,sale,2nd hand off here 😉

coogan
    Free Member

Slicks.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

on a serious note…………..

Take a leaf out of BMX, the tracks are made form the same stuff.

I usualy go for a high roller 2.35 SPC kevlar up-front and high roller semi slick 2.35 SPC steel rear.

Unless it's particulalry rocky, in which case a holly roller 2.4 which is a thicker casing.

Rickos
    Free Member

Maxxis Crossmark

GW
    Free Member

They make trail centres out of 4130 cromo?

Wow!!

coogan
    Free Member

In fact forget about slicks, just ride on the rims.

IanMunro
    Free Member

Michelin Alpins for this time of year.

cupid-stunt
    Free Member

Crossmark back and Ardent front

Free Member

Thatnks to those with the usefull info 😕

The rest of you with the usless posts get a life ave you nothing better to do ❓

jcromton
    Free Member

Panaracer fire XC pros. My choice for years.

poppa
    Free Member

Never ridden one, but I got the impression that trail centres managed so that the terrain shouldnt get horrendously muddy. Therefore a good all-purpose tyre would do the job, e.g. Maxxis High-Roller (or other medium-tread Maxxis), Kenda Nevegal or Schwalbe Nobby Nic.

Junkyard
    Free Member

You dont know what tyres you want and ask us for advice – what next do you wnat me to pick your shoes for you?
    All tyres will work to some degree what do you prefer fast, grippy, sticky etc you decide.

These are largely personal choices. hence the pi55 taking

cynic-al
    Free Member

Pretty much anything reaonable.

LOL @ sense of humour failure.

retro83
    Free Member

Michelob Wildslipper 1.959

coogan
    Free Member

What handle bar grips are best for trail centre use?

RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

Blimey, no wonder this place has the reputation it does.. give the guy a break perhaps?

He's only asking a question about tyres, on a bike forum… madness aint it?

🙄

Rorschach
    Free Member

It helps if you're less specific,more vague and give fewer details.AKA "What would you recomend for a general all round bike which will only be used for biking and is good".
    Or…ask a poorly thought out and badly phrased question and you get what you deserve.

RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

..Or perhaps he knows not as much about tyres as some people, hence not knowing where to start?

hepstanton

Point n Chute – even mentions in the review they're good on hardpack man made stuff http://j.mp/cHQGmu

andysandes
    Free Member

Very poor response from some people on this thread!

Never understood what some peoples problem is with trail centree, they are a lot of fun in my opinion!

lunge

Assuming that most trail centres are generally mud free and rocky i would look at something fast rolling with good volume. 2.35 maxxis High Rollers? at the front, somehting like a Small Block-8 out back perhaps?

clubber
    Free Member

Pretty much any tyre will be fine at a trail centre – they don't get muddy so it's just a question of what combo of width/grip/drag you want.

I'm happy enough with my conti verts but I've also found Nevegal/Blue groove to be a good combo.

bikerbruce
    Free Member

2.25 racing ralps….job done.

Taff
    Free Member

Don't you just want the pins that slot into the track?!

bigyinn
    Free Member

If you can afford the mortgage to pay for the dam things!

RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

I like High Rollers myself, or a Kenda Nevegal.. but a small block 8 can work well on the back in the dry…

crispedwheel
    Free Member

pretty much anything that's 26" or 29" (depending on your choice of bike), and over, say, 1.8" wide. I use Nevegals on everything.

Free Member

Thanks for the good tips from some of you guys. The top of my list was High rollers before posting but i might give the point and shot a try…. you know be a little different.

The post was left a little vague on purpose to see what muppets would also post stupid waste of time comments, which are normally posted by back seat riders, How's the saying go……all the Kit still ****.

Love to all x

Rickos
    Free Member

The new Panaracer CG looks as though it would be good at a trail centre.

http://www.panaracer.com/mtb.php

KINGTUT
    Free Member

The post was left a little vague on purpose to see what muppets would also post stupid waste of time comments, which are normally posted by back seat riders, How's the saying go……all the Kit still ****.

Pillock.

retro83
    Free Member

1. post question which comes up at least 3 times a week
    2. get stupid responses
    3. pretend to be trolling with a purposely 'vague question'
    4. ???
    5. profit

see also trollface comic

coogan
    Free Member

I love riding in the back seat me.

sherry
    Free Member

You might have touched a nerve there with some people sticky LOL. If you can get some old Specialized fast track pro kevlar tyres they are not too bad, fast, reasonably grippy and cheap!

willej

Can't believe no one has said "Conti Vert Pros" yet!
    They might actually be quite good now they're available in the Black Chili compound.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Can't believe no one has said "Conti Vert Pros" yet!

Clubber did ^, however I bought some tyres on his recommendation once, I nearly died.

Be warned.

willej

Clubber did ^

Yeah but he didn't say it the way it used to be said! ;o)

Seriously though, I particularly like WTB Weirwolf Races and (Black Chili flavour) Conti Mountain Kings for trail centres.

Free Member

Kingtut Pitty.

Ridden with to many riders on verts that have had to pay silly money for spare tubes. 4 spares they had all used up….. i made a nice bit of cash though.

😆

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘Trail centre tyres’ is closed to new replies.