Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • trail adjust woe, help pretty please
  • ndthornton
    Free Member

Coming to the end of servicing some fox 32 ctd forks and can’t work out how to reassemble the trail adjust nob.

When I took it apart it had 3 positive clicks of adjustment and now it just swings listlessly in the wind. I took care to try not to loose any bits but now I’m wondering if iv lost a ball bearing or something?

Looking underneath the adjustment dial, it’s not obvious what the dial is meant to engage. There is a curved indentation that engages with a protruding lump which the dial rotates on but the 3 little holes… I can’t see what they are supposed to do, they don’t engage anything at the moment ?

tillydog
    Free Member

I don’t know the fork, but until someone who knows what they’re talking about comes along, does it look like this photo?

Are all the little springs and balls in place? (In particular the ball & spring at ~ 7 O’Clock ?)

From here.

Rather ominously, the previous step says “Remove the black Trail Adjust knob paying attention to any small parts stuck to its underside.”

ndthornton
    Free Member

Thanks for that, looks like iv lost the ball bearing. Hands and knees on the garage floor tomorrow then 🙁

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘trail adjust woe, help pretty please’ is closed to new replies.