Viewing 10 posts - 161 through 170 (of 170 total)
  • Trail Addiction / Enduro2 – bin dun?
  • honourablegeorge

Yep.. everyone is second guessing unless they know the facts.

Edukator
    Free Member

There are lots of facts in the administrators report. I linked the companies’ house page of Trans-Savoie above. Here is the Trailaddiction one.

Anyone familiar with running a company, being self-employed, sub-contracting to people who are self-employed and the rules for travilleurs détachés will work out in a flash from the stated business model why URSSAF claimed social security charges for employees over the previous five years. As MSP notes, the EU rules have been progressively tightened. The days of working around Europe with an E111 in your pocket long gone, or being paid in London to work exclusively in Paris year after year.

ndthornton
    Free Member

So I finally got my money back from the bank!!

I wasn’t ‘eligible’ for a refund since I paid by direct debit.

Interestingly instead of recouping my money from the tax payer Barclays were able to recover it from Trail addictions bank account…after a bit of gentle persuasion no doubt!

So it seems the account was not quite that empty after all

Surprise, Surprise
    😆

brodinski
    Free Member

Id recommend anyone who’s been affected by Trail addiction to Try and get in with the white room asap!

We are out here with them at the moment and i can honestly say its the best biking holiday I’ve ever been on and yes that includes Trail addiction.

The guiding is superb, the chatlet is amazing, food is restaurant quality and plentiful and the trails are just perfect, the best riding I’ve ever done, think UK trails on steroids that go on for 20,30, 60 minutes with minimal climbing, even on the back country week we are on (Mostly due to my appalling fitness and moaning about climbing

We’ve tried many different Holiday companies over the years, Switchbacks, trail addiction, Ciclo montana (also excellent by the way) and The white room has ended our search, we will now become regular’s and be back each year, i have the feeling we have barely scratched the surface of the trails available in the area.

Stevo, Pat and Alex are awesome guides with great banter. Matt and Crona (Krona?) make simple amazing food and keep you fuelled and Iona is all over the Logistics, Superb across the board.

You’ll be doing well to get space with them this summer now (theres 2 people here this week who were booked with TA, managed to get there money back and slip in with white room last minute), i doubt they need my glowing review based on A) how good they are and B) TA going down but even if you can’t get in this year do yourselves a favour and go next year as its simply Brilliant in every aspect, much more than any of us we were hoping for and that is a rare thing indeed.

Right, time to get out of bed and go get van lifted up to a 950m Vertical drop down La Rosiere Bike park on our day off before heading to Pila to shuttle the 1450m drop Pila to Aosta ride tomorrow and then get uplifted all around the Les arcs area on Friday, sounds shite doesn’t it….

The white room, highly highly recommended

DickBarton

Depends..I enjoy a climb so all that uplift does sound poor to me. I’ll be a minority though…

mikewsmith
    Free Member

DickBarton – Member
    Depends..I enjoy a climb so all that uplift does sound poor to me. I’ll be a minority though…

From the reading of if have a look at their back country trips

maxtorque

A million (now even more cheeky) switchbacks for you today then down from LaRos……. 😉

brodinski
    Free Member

Theres plenty of climbing if you want it. yesterday we split into 2 groups, 6 of them went on a big Backcountry day out with about 1000m of climbing.

We sat in the van and bagged 3000m of descending for about 30 minutes of climbing, horses for courses.

Again I’ve never been on a bike holiday where the guides tailer the day so much to the mood and feel of the group. The other day everyone was done apart from my brother who had more left in him, they genuinely offered to shuttle him back to the top and guide him back down saying ” if one person wants another run then we will take just that one person”. To be honest my mind was in the hot tub with a beer by that point..

brodinski
    Free Member

By the way in my first post it meant to say simply amazing food not simple!!

scaled
    Free Member

Emailed Bike Academy Davos the other day about the race, sounds positive!

Hi Scaled
    We are shortly before taking over the event.
    It will be held on the same date.

Regards

Michael

—–Ursprüngliche Nachricht—–
    Von: Jimdo [mailto:no-reply@jimdo.de]
    Gesendet: Freitag, 23. Juni 2017 15:10
    An: info@bike-academy.ch
    Betreff: Nachricht über https://www.bike-academy.ch/kontakt-1/kontaktformular/

Hallo,

du hast eine Nachricht über deine Jimdo-Seite https://www.bike-academy.ch/kontakt-1/kontaktformular/ erhalten:

————————————-

Name:

E-Mail:

Nachricht: Hi,

Have you guys taken over the running of the Davos Enduro2 race this year? is it still going ahead and if so, on the same dates?

Viewing 10 posts - 161 through 170 (of 170 total)

The topic ‘Trail Addiction / Enduro2 – bin dun?’ is closed to new replies.