Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Trade / dealer used car sales
  • theotherjonv

Looking for a new one from a main dealer probably, to get advantage of transferred unused 5 or 7 yr warranty.

Roughly speaking, how much over the fair price is the window sticker. 10% ??

theotherjonv

anyone? going testing the water later so any advice gratefully rec’d

john_drummer
    Free Member

depends what you’re after, and where. Some models are very well discounted, eg. my local Ford dealer has brand new Ford Mondeos with delivery mileage, very often 4-6k less than the full retail price, especially on the higher spec’d models. Example: Mondeo TitaniumX over £5k off list price

Do your research first, What Car is usually a good place to start, unless of course you can get hold of a current copy of Glass’s Guide

theotherjonv

Cheers for that. Parker’s guide seems to list Franchised dealer prices for the cars we’re looking at somewhere between 700-1000 pounds lower that they’re stickered at – so 10% at least on a window price £7K car, was just looking for some reinforcement of that before I make a **** of myself and get laughed out of the showroom.

Another thought as you’ve posted though. You’re Bratfud based aren’t you? I live and work in Surrey but we have a company also in Bradford and I’m often up there. Do you think there is a significant price difference buying in the affluent south vs the grim north ( :wink:)

john_drummer
    Free Member

sort of Bradford, yeah – I’m about 5 miles north of the city centre, on the edge of the countryside.

Price differential? possibly on older cars, say 2-5 years old, but not on newish models – most dealers in the manufacturer’s network will be able to get a particular car from anywhere in the network at no extra cost. So, for example, you see a nice shiny car that meets your needs only in stock in say, Newcastle, your local dealer in Surrey will be able to get hold of it in a week or so, but you’d better be prepared to sign up for it when it arrives.

theotherjonv

where are you then John? 5 miles north sounds like Shipley, Baildon, Guiseley, etc. Have spent far too many nights at the Hollins Hall to mention.

I’ll have to start fetching the bike with me!

john_drummer
    Free Member

I’m in Baildon, about a mile & a half from Hollins Hall. Some fine trails round here, some cheeky, some not. Proper hills too 😉

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Trade / dealer used car sales’ is closed to new replies.