Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Tracking apps for the HTC
  • jon1973
    Free Member

Just got a new Desire S. Can’t figure out how to track my route using the GPS. I assumed there would be some pre-loaded apps which would do this for me. I’ve got the GPS working and played around on the Locations and Maps app, but can’t find a way to switch on tracking.

Anyone use an HTC? do I need to download a new app? any recommendations?

Kieron
    Free Member

Search for Endomondo in the market, great little (free) app.

muggomagic

Get sportstrack (something like that anyway) I no longer have a Htc desire, but it’s the only app I had on android that wish there was an iPhone version.

glenh
    Free Member

Get mytracks from the market.

P.s. ‘an htc’ doesn’t mean much. Htc make phones with a variety of operating systems, yours being android.

Weasel
    Free Member

I downloaded the My Tracks app, gives me all the info I want it’s good but drains the battery so put the phone into flight mode when I use it so somewhat defeats the use a bit.

jon1973
    Free Member

P.s. ‘an htc’ doesn’t mean much.

I did mentioned it was a Desire S, but it uses Android Gingerbread.

Thanks for the advice, I’ll have a look at the Mytracks app.

ratadog

+1 for my tracks.

Quo are also talking about finally doing an android version which potentially gives the OS maps, but not here yet.

jon1973
    Free Member

yes, just downloaded it. It does look good, just the sort of thing I wanted. Thanks.

Bosh
    Free Member

+1 for Endomondo, cracking little app. Does drain my desire HD and not good at getting gps lock. I tend to use it with my work blackberry, quicker gps lock & battery lasts ages.

portlyone

+1 mytracks. I turn off update and it lasts for 4-5 hours no problem

Cougar

My Tracks is the basic Google ‘log my route and upload it to Google Maps app. It’s ace, I’ve used it loads.

Endomondo and Runkeeper do the same sort of thing but with added training; eg, you can get it to tell you interval times and such. Both have websites if you want to check them out. I’m playing with Runkeeper atm, have Endomonodo installed but not used it yet. But if all you want to do is record tracks, My Tracks is where it’s at.

bassspine
    Free Member

mytracks(simple and works with googlemaps really well)
    alpinequest (slightly hassly, but uses maps stored on the phone so good if you go out of mobile signal)
    endomondo (personally I don’t like it)

I’ve ended up with Alpinequest – it’s the only droid app I’ve actually paid for)

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Tracking apps for the HTC’ is closed to new replies.