Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Track pumps
  • pahoehoe
    Free Member

Contain you excitement forumites- I’m looking for track pump recommendations.

My ancient Topeak poe blow has been killed by a commination of charging the airshot to 160 psi and inhaling some tubeless sealant. The non return valve keeps seizing despite several reassemblies.

So should I get another topeak joe blow? The topeak mountain pump looks good but tops out at 75psi. An vaguely accurate pressure gauge is moderately important. Budget £30.

onandon
    Free Member

I killed a brand new blow joe filling my airshot. I’ll be buying something else with a higher pressure rating next – probably a skf or silca.

1timmy1
    Free Member

I bought a budget one from Edinburgh Bicycle and it is still going strong:

https://www.edinburghbicycle.com/revolution-air-track-pump-sport.html

Now only £10.99!

johnners
    Free Member

So should I get another topeak joe blow?

I’ve had one for over 10 years with no problems so that’s probably what I’d do. If the 160 psi thing is an issue though you might be better looking elsewhere, I only ever use mine up to about 90-odd for the road bike.

pahoehoe
    Free Member

Yeah mine was at least 8 years old. Problems started 1 month after tubeless air shot sealant shenanigans so guessing that’s no coincidence

Northwind

Joe Blow Mountain is a brilliant day to day mountain bike pump but bugger all use for high pressures, by about 80psi it takes my entire body weight to depress the handle. 😆 Might be a case for 2 pumps?

(does the airshot have to be charged that high? I usually have my compressor set to 80psi and that blows tyres on like a good un. Then again the airshot has far less volume…)

pahoehoe
    Free Member

for ghetto i need everything the airshots got. non ghetto the joeblow does nicely with a bit of soap.

si77

A Jobsworth Vortex Polished Aluminium Floor Pump could be had for a smidgen over £30 quid if you use the “PXNEWYEAR17” 10% off code. Max of 240psi, so should give you a bit of head room when charging the airshot up.

hatter

Of its annoying for tubeless then why not get a flashcharger or one of its ilk?

morphio
    Free Member

Exact same story here – killed our old joe blow on tubeless tyre shenanigans with my road bike. Have a proper track pump for the track bikes so can use that for filling the air shot.

I’m after fairly high volume and accurate gauge at typical MTB pressures.
    High volume so I don’t have to use/take the air shot with when mtbing. Accurate gauge so I don’t need to then faff with a separate gauge to get correct pressures. Does anyone know if the digital gauges on the high volume lezyne pumps are accurate or not?

eskay

sks rennkompressor

ratherbeintobago

sks rennkompressor

This.

notmyrealname
    Free Member

sks rennkompressor

I’ve just had to return mine to CRC after less than two months use. The valve head leaks really badly when in use.
    My £10 special from Planet X was 1/4 the price and has been much more reliable!

bullandbladder
    Free Member

The £15 one I got from Aldi is pretty good.
    Solis cast metal base, shaft feels a little wobbly when extended, but shifts a lot of air.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Track pumps’ is closed to new replies.