Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Track pump
  • aracer
    Free Member

Any recommendations? My SKS is giving up the ghost after ~20 years (I know you can get spares, but its got too many bits which need replacing). Anything any good for ~£20 which will go up to 140psi (for the TT bike)?

Mugboo

I just got a Joe Blow and its seems good quality. Not sure about price as it was a present.

nickjb
    Free Member

2nd Joe Blow. Very happy with my sport, IIRC it was £25. Apparently good for 160psi but I can’t verify that. They have one that goes to 260, too!

peteimpreza

Joe Blow here too.

martymac

3rd for joe blow, mine goes to 120 with ease, think it was £30, cant fault it.

mtbfix

Assuming your SKS is a Rennkompressor then I would suggest you go for another metal built pump. OK there are lots of nice enough plastic pumps on the market but another SKS, Silca or similar will last you another age.

z1ppy

Another Joe Blow user here, mines over 5 years old, reconditioned it last year for literarily a couple of quid (base valve spring [it lives in a damp garage, so had rusted] & main piston seal). I’m happy with that

Stoner
    Free Member

Chris, same problem as you.

Went on this thread
    http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/recomment-me-a-decent-track-pump

Joe Blow Sport arrived last week. It’s good. ’nuff said.

aracer
    Free Member

Thanks for the advice everybody. Just in case anybody else is interested, I got a Joe Blow Sport from Merlin for £23.

spyke85
    Free Member

I’ve got a Revolution one from Edinburgh Bikes, it’s pretty good!

ashfanman
    Free Member

I got a Joe Blow Sprint in the sale last summer. Aluminium/steel construction and the gauge is at the top, rather than down by the base. Excellent pump.

Cheap-ish at Ribble.

rj
    Free Member

Got a Bell one for £13 from Asda. Works fine so far.

loddrik
    Free Member

Apologies, another Joe blow again. I think this should tell you something…

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Track pump’ is closed to new replies.