Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Track ends – who can weld some on for me?
  • Rickos
    Free Member

Tinkering with the idea of snigglespeeding my old Rock Lobster properly with track ends and a disc brake mount. Argos Cycles can do it, but they're pricy (£105 just for the track ends). Anyone know anyone else that could do it at a good rate? I'm in Monmouth if that helps, but not averse to posting the frame out.

sheldona
    Free Member

I can recommend Argos if nothing else comes up.

mrplaybus

Meridian in derby used to have a price on their web which was less than that.

[slight hijack] thought about getting disc mounts on an old inbred v- brake frame. Anyone else had this done? [slight hijack over]

Rickos
    Free Member

18 Bikes are going to quote me. Anyone else?

cynic-al
    Free Member

Have a look around – Dave Yates etc? Not going to be cheap, probably cheaper to buy a new Inbred!

Seriously though, as this will require a non-standard disc mount, the price may be more than std.

leggyblonde
    Free Member

give cliff shrubb a call on 020 8669 6601

probably one of britain's best frame builders. only does a little bits here and there but can be pretty cheap and does a great job

wwaswas
    Rickos
    Free Member

Thanks wwaswas – did you read my post? I've already checked their prices.

Al – I know what you mean, but it's an old frame and I really like it.

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

I had a framebuilder mate of mine do it to my explosif. It wasn't any cheaper than argos, but I know him and trust him. By the time you've paid for a couple of hours work and had it sprayed, its going to head over £100 pretty swiftly wherever you go.

Its got to be a pricey frame, or a frame you really love. Otherwise cheaper to get a new far east frame. Nil points on the planet rapage mind. WI ENO hub?

wwaswas

Rickos, I'm a regular here, I never read the OP before tipping in with an opinion 😉

😳

Rickos
    Free Member

wwaswas – you're forgiven. This time!

ADHD – aye, it's a frame I love and was maybe toying with Alfine too, hence the track ends rather than Eno hub or Trickstar BB thingy (which itself is over £100).

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Ach well, sounds like you'll have to stump up the money then I'm afraid.

starseven
    Free Member

I'm looking for the same, considering buying some track ends (theres a mailorder place in kent or Charlie the Bikemonger) and just getting a local welder to stick em on.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Howzaboot an eccentric BB ken?

Sliding drop-oots? (Which is the way I went)

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Track ends – who can weld some on for me?’ is closed to new replies.