Viewing 28 posts - 41 through 68 (of 68 total)
  • Track Cycling – BBC 2 – Now. Will Contain Spoilers No Doubt.
  • oldgit
    Free Member

Can help think that Meares was letting that go, going on hers and Vickys comments about peaking at the right time. As in the past you have to be at peak on the day, and this isn’t the day.

Trail rat, Vicky was dropping as well.

higthepig
    Free Member

Gets even better.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Get in!

trail_rat
    Free Member

Yes oldgit i understand she was dropping too . Its a spirit but not the letter of the rules moment

Rowsell looked **** just after half way she pulled something special out in the last 3 laps !

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Oar. Sum.

🙂

trail_rat
    Free Member

Well that was always going to happen . She just made her look slitly silly though

rusty90
    Free Member

Pursuit gold medal – yes
    Haircut – err ?

trail_rat
    Free Member

Alopecia…..

oldgit
    Free Member

trail rat, it’ll be alright on the big day.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Oh yes its all games i think

rusty90
    Free Member

Makes you wonder, why on earth did they drop the individual pursuit from the Olympics? makes no sense.
    Ben Swift going into the 1K …

oldgit
    Free Member

The language coming out of my mouth, It would make the Millwall blush 😯

rusty90
    Free Member

Brilliant. Forgot how exciting track racing is.
    I will spend tomorrow riding round extremely slowy whilst looking suspiciously over my right shoulder 🙂

higthepig
    Free Member

I will spend tomorrow riding round extremely slowy whilst looking suspiciously over my right shoulder

I do that most of the time, although I do look over my left shoulder occasionally just to spice things up.

The Chinese girl getting the gold on the podium looked like she has just seen her pet rabbit shot, needs to cheer up a bit.

rusty90
    Free Member

She was seriously fast though.
    Reminds me, got to go and cover my helmet with cling film …

Saratoga
    Free Member

Wow, that was a bit of a nail-biter! Laura Trott 😀

higthepig
    Free Member

Just got better with Laura Trott, stunning race

theotherjonv

Just got back in from being there. can’t believe the number of people that left before the omnium eliminator; you missed the best race of the night – the crowd was screaming like it was the finish every other lap as Laura managed to somehow come second last or thereabouts at the death, only to find that second last in a two woman race is the same as first.

I’m hoarse, and my dad thinks it’s the most exciting sporting event he’s ever seen live. He’s gutted that he’s 74 and probably won’t get to see many more events of this class live.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Hoy – awesome.

brakes
    Free Member

Hoy, on form and in focus, is just unbeatable.
    man, I wish I’d been able to get tickets – tried everything but no joy.

radtothepowerofsik
    Free Member

Forsterman’s thighs! Jesus!

brakes
    Free Member

they’re inflated, it’s just for show – if you look carefully, he’s got a little presta valve behind his knee

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Schraeder, surely. Better at the bigger volumes.

crazy-legs

Forsterman’s final sprint against Sireau – hahaha! He did exactly that against Chris Hoy a year or so ago.

The highlight for me was the Women’s Team Pursuit breaking the world record. I was watching it from track centre and the noise and atmosphere was just incredible.

brooess
    Free Member

I was there last night. Atmosphere was amazing. So much support for the Brit team from the crowd. Need to get myself to a TV for the Olympics, and somewhere I can jump around and make a racket 🙂

Great to see Brit team do so well. Maybe us regular riders will begin to get some respect out on the road. About time…

muddy@rseguy

Blimey. Track racing, its flippin ace isnt it? 😀

hilldodger
    Free Member

Track racing, its flippin ace isnt it?

Sure is, and you’re never too old to give a whirl….
    http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/11175/100-year-old-sets-first-ever-hour-record-mark-for-his-age-group.aspx

unovolo
    Free Member

Ladies track team are quite easy on the eye IMO ,bloody good riders too.
    Hoy is on fire at the mo too.
    Forstermans ride off was quality.

Viewing 28 posts - 41 through 68 (of 68 total)

The topic ‘Track Cycling – BBC 2 – Now. Will Contain Spoilers No Doubt.’ is closed to new replies.