Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Toy that you wish you still had
  • Harry_the_Spider

Airfix Space 1999 Eagle.

I had two of them. I probably destroyed them with fire and an air gun :-/

Rorschach
    Free Member

An active imagination…..

rOcKeTdOg

i’ve got a dinky or mattel eagle in my parents loft carrying nuclear waste pods

bikebouy
    Free Member

Hours on hours of wheelie good fun..

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

A bsa b40wd in trials trim and a 67 triumph 6T that my dad restored to look like a US spec trophy, flipping kick myself I let those go.

Cougar

All my Lego. I had tons of the stuff, one day my gran sold it all as a job lot for about £30 because she’d decided I was “too old for it now.”

chakaping
    Free Member

mechanicaldope

I’ve got that eagle transporter somewhere in my dad’s lift I think. Oddly enough I have never seen space 1999 and probably woefully under appreciated the kit.

What I miss most is my old sclextric. Had some awesome early stuff that again, I didn’t properly appreciate. Kids are shits really aren’t they?

chakaping
    Free Member

All my Lego. I had tons of the stuff, one day my gran sold it all as a job lot for about £30 because she’d decided I was “too old for it now.”

I only had a small sackful, but was teaching my daughter how to build a house with it the other day.

It was surprisingly emotional.

technicallyinept
    Free Member

My old toys are still up in my parent’s loft.

I can remember getting the Lone Ranger and Tonto for Christmas

My dad glue the horses wobbly ankles with araldite so no chance of an ebay windfall for me.

Caher

Flight deck

colournoise

I guess the ones I miss are the ones I’ve replaced as an adult (we have no kids).

Started buying Lego again about 4 years ago (currently working my through the Speed Champions kits).
    Got an Evel Knievel stunt bike for my birthday a couple of years ago (I only ever had the dragster as a kid).
    A little Scalextrix set up.

slimjim78
    Free Member

Visionaries. Knights of the magical light.

Nipper99
    Free Member

This:

Harry_the_Spider

This, and the layout that went with it 🙁

Flogged it and bought a road bike when I was about 13 years old. Wot a knob.

I have however replaced my little broken hand-me-down Scalextric with a BIG MASSIVE ONE 😀

Stedlocks
    Free Member

My old actionman stuff….I had some rare blokes. My mum gave it all to my nephews years ago, never to be seen again.

And the Evel Knievel gyro bike thing…..I bought my son a repro one a few years back and he loved it too!

choppersquad
    Free Member

My old Ricochet Racer!
    Bet no one’s even heard of that?

mtbmaff
    Free Member

Remember the advert I think? Ricochet Racers on target? It just came to me as I read your post, too much time spent in front of the TV!

funkmasterp

Action men figures and vehicles. I remember my mum and gran knitting outfits for them and me using the washing line as a zip line. Think my older brother and I melted most of them in a fire 🙁

Also had a huge collection of He-Man figured. I have no idea what happened to them.

senorj

My fave toys were the Evel Knievel stunt jumper and the Lone Ranger& Tonto posted above.
    I also loved my six million dollar man ,scalextric & crossfire .
    Crossfire should have come with a safety warning. Caused me lots of blisters!

Rubber_Buccaneer

Daffy

My original Star Wars toys. Sold them at a car boot sale after pressure from my parents to clear some space. Got about £100 for them, but never, EVER felt happy about selling them.

They’d be worth thousands now, all excellent, all with boxes.

Rubber_Buccaneer

Rubber_Buccaneer

The Thunderbirds models have been re-released.

They look like the proper originals too! I really shouldn’t but…

peteimpreza

There are top quality and just like the originals.

I may have got the T1/3 and T2 sets …………..

crankboy
    Free Member

The minis from my scalextric , I have now got back into scalextix using my 5 year old as cover but really miss those cars , he has just bought me an even earlier version of the mini off eBay but its handling is a tad querky .

cookeaa

Cougar – Moderator

This x1000!

My Dad gave mine away while I was at Uni…

My girls are now gathering their own collection which I will be hanging on to when they “grow out of it”…

And he gave away my scalextric too! It’s a wonder we still talk…

oink1
    Free Member

Got to be the Evel Kinevel stunt bike! Launched him off all sorts!! Happy days 🙂

TheFlyingOx

technicallyinept
    Free Member

Action men figures and vehicles. I remember my mum and gran knitting outfits for them and me using the washing line as a zip line. Think my older brother and I melted most of them in a fire

My action man sported a very fetching blue and yellow knitted tracksuit.

Harry_the_Spider

My Action Man had a knitted sleeping bag, which he used to share with a Sindy Doll whenever he got the chance.

If he was entertaining more than one Sindy he would use this.

Harry_the_Spider
    smiththemainman
    Free Member

Simple but brilliant , think it is still at my mums with perished bumpers 🙂

Northwind

Hah, we had that Rebound thing, never had the slightest idea what we were supposed to do with it so we just made up the rules. And whenever we made up the rules for a game, the tiebreaker was always a fight 😆 Good times

THere’s bits of original star wars toys inmy folks attic but one box went missing so most of the figures and a lot of the small parts are missing. I remember pricing up a lot of it and just going, oh. Oh well.

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

This ” Star Bird ” toy. It even had it’s own Command Base
    http://bugeyedmonster.com/starbird-avenger/

Plus all my old 200AD comics and matchbox toys.

smiththemainman
    Free Member

Don`t wish i still had this as i still have it, Spent hours trying to clock it 🙂

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I’ve still got a Dinky Bedford tk coal wagon in the box, in mint condition, in the loft. Along with a Corgi Simon Snorkel fire engine, also boxed & mint, plus a few bits of Hornby Dublo stuff, 2 are boxed & mint with the prices on. (in £, S & D’s from the 60’s) Just sitting there gathering dust & spiders webs. 😉

creakingdoor
    Free Member

Tamiya “Sand Scorcher” and “Willy’s Wheeler”.
    Sold them in the late 80s for pence when spares started to become difficult to find, could never have envisaged the internet would be the solution to that one.[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYTh3Yvd614[/video]

paulmgreen
    Free Member

Raleigh Chopper

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)

The topic ‘Toy that you wish you still had’ is closed to new replies.