Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Towing dogs in trailers. Anyone tried it?
  • si66
    Free Member

Our trusty trail hound is starting to get a bit long in the tooth for big rides but loves chasing around the trails in the woods. I was thinking I might be able to get him to sit in a trailer whilst I ferry him on the river bank path to the woods. anyone tried this sort of thing and what trailer did you use?
    Any advice would be much appreciated before I splash out on a trailer

shipton47
    Free Member

We got a burley tail wagon, for our aging lab he wasn’t keen initially but soon got to like it as realized meant better walks for him. Got awhile to get used to towing it and remembering the extra width of it but no probs. Was glad got it just wished did earlier.

welshfarmer

Friend of mine has just completed a cycle trip to Rome from the Midlands with her cocker in a trailer. If you are on Facebook then you can check out her journey here… https://www.facebook.com/LeilaRolo/

Lots of tails about the issues with the trailer, but generally positive

thenorthwind

We tried it with our lurcher but we never got passed the “walking the bike very slowly up and down the street stage.” We were using a slightly adapted kids trailer. She was very nervous of it and it was a battle to get her in of her own accord. She clearly wasn’t comfortable with it, and would probably never enjoy it, and I was worried she try and get out and do herself an injury.

On the other hand, I’ve seen dogs happily riding stood on a Bob Yak style trailer. It’s very much down to the dog. Try but I wouldn’t invest a large amount of money in a trailer, and be prepared to give it up if it’s not working.

nickjb
    Free Member

A friend tried one with their aged dog and he absolutely hated it.

Marin
    Free Member

Sister does it with her old Patterdale. Not keen first go but then realized she got to go out and not be left behind is ok with it. As said though doggy dependent.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Towing dogs in trailers. Anyone tried it?’ is closed to new replies.