Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • towbartrackworld (wiring kit woe)
  • wolfenstein
    Free Member

fitted towbar yesterday, but had an issue with the dedicated wiring module which they suspect is faulty and towbar company needs to reorder it and have it refitted next friday…

I would like to go to my trail centre tomorrow but worried as the electrics in my cycle carrier is not working yet, I wonder if this is ok to travel with brake lights and signal indicator lights not too obscure? …

Rubber_Buccaneer

Chances of being stopped are low and the likely penalty a ticking off. I’d chance it but how naughty are you?

Edit: BMW? I wasn’t aware they had indicators? 🙂

withersea
    Free Member

Probably not legal, but it wood deped on whether the police are in a grumpyood or not. If stopped I’d act surprised and say it’s only just been fitted, I can’t understand why it’s not working

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Do BMWs have indicators?
    Stick a light board on, connect it up and if plod stop you tell them it was fine when you set off and must have just broken. They’re probably more interested in the obscured number plate.

wolfenstein
    Free Member

cycle carrier has its number plate.. only indicators and brake lights . .mostly M6 I will travel.. got a very clean driving license and I really want to stay it that way 😳

wwaswas

mostly M6 I will travel

that you Yoda?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I probably wouldn’t, there’s an inevitability that the weekend you do it will be the weekend the police are targeting it. And it will mean you’ll be blamed for any crash you have if the lights are obscured.

Either that or get a generic £20 relay kit and do it yourself, it’s not that difficult.

geoffj

I’d be more concerned about your unreadable number plate.

craigxxl
    Free Member

I’d be more worried about the numpty behind not seeing your obstructed brake lights until it’s too late then slamming into the back of you, only to add insult to injury when you’re found at fault for not having working lights on the bike rack.

wolfenstein
    Free Member

🙁 couch and hobnobs weekend it is then

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Or just fold the seats down and put the bike in there on a blanket?

wwaswas

couch and hobnobs weekend it is then

You don’t *have* to drive somewhere in order to climb on a bicycle you know…

Rubber_Buccaneer

couch and hobnobs

Like netflix n chill but for the over 40s?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘towbartrackworld (wiring kit woe)’ is closed to new replies.