Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Towbar mounted racks and tandems
  • Bez

I'm after a towbar rack to carry either two solos (standard frames, no weirdy suspension things) or – if possible – a tandem (a Raven Discovery). I anticipate needing to remove the wheels from the latter due to the length of it – not a problem – though admittedly I've not brandished the tape measure yet to see just how far it would stick out either side of the car.

The two main options I have at the moment are the Thule Xpress Pro 970 and the Pendle Behind The Ball Rack.

I can see either doing the job with only minor pros and cons for each, to be honest, but I think the Thule marginally edges it.

Anyone able to share any particular wins/fails of either, or words of wisdom as regards trying to lug a tandem on a rear rack? (I've only ever carried it inside the car before.) Much appreciated…

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I don't think they fit. It can be done on a roof mounted carrier I believe but not on a rear mounted one

igm

Why not ring Pendle and ask them? They're going to be you best bet I think.

jam-bo

I have the Xpress Pro 970. Ace rack, takes about 30s to install, very secure and easy to fit two bikes on.

I paid £45 next day delivery for mine from some place in Ivybridge.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Towbar mounted racks and tandems’ is closed to new replies.