Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Tow bar 3 Fatbike rack anyone?
  • pipiom
    Free Member

Recently improvised with a standard 4 bike rack, but it was not nice, and we destroyed the plastic tyre holders…..anyone know of a FB specific rack? (for 3 bikes)

JoeG
    Free Member

Thule make a fatbike kit for their T2 rack. The rack itself holds 2 bikes, but you can add a 2 bike extension. Rack + extension + 3 fatbike kits would be pretty pricey, though!

matt_outandabout

Can you not create fatty holders to replace the broken plastic ones? Steel or carbon?

pipiom
    Free Member

The original rack was borrowed, so I’m replacing the damaged parts on that one…..a new one of them is £170+pp so I might buy another and modify. I know that anything Thule will be pricey.

wwaswas

Appropriate sized guttering would make good wheel channels and you can get short tie downs like this;

and cut to length.

I’ve got a similar issue on a Thule G6 – the wheel holders don’t go far enough apart ont he rack to let me use the supplied straps and they don’t do any longer ones. I’m using some of the above instead.

pipiom
    Free Member

Like that idea: guttering/straps,cheers wwaswas

brassneck

The Maxxess rack should hold them, but the guttering fix sounds better

matt_outandabout

Our second hand Thule Euro classic thing was £100 second hand. Pendle also make bomber rack, especially if you are going to adapt – and are always for sale second hand.

Schweiz
    Free Member

Just soften the tyres so that they deform into/around the gutters and strap down with some cheap straps. I always loop the straps around the metal sub-frame of the rack rather than through the channel in the guttering – should avoid causing any damage this way.

Check the weight limit of the rack if you’ve got 3 fatties on there though.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Tow bar 3 Fatbike rack anyone?’ is closed to new replies.