Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Tourneo/Transit Custom
  • jonm81

Right since my Passat is right proper **** (ingested its own high pressure fuel pump at 196k miles) I am in need of a new vehicle.

I really like the Tourneo Customs. Does anyone have any experience of the 170 or 130 hp ones preferable experience of the automatic?

As a side note this is something you never want to see on the inside a 1800bar fuel pump:

DickBarton

Not got any experience of them but I really like the long wheel Base Connect…looks about same length as a sub Transit abut without as much height…it seems to appeal to me but I’m not sure why as less height is likely to be an issue quicker.

leeerm
    Free Member

Spent some time in a custom. I love them. They’re genuinely good fun to drive too which was a surprise. Kind of like a big tall Focus.

The ones in our fleet have proved to be damn site more reliable than T6’S/old T5’s too. The T6’s spend most of their time being repaired under warranty, or burning oil at the rate they burn diesel. The Customs don’t.

DaveP

I have a t5 and I have driven a tourneo hire van – really impressed with the tourneo. Was in Germany so I can tell you it goes flat out and is nice and stable at that speed!

jonm81

Cheers all. I’m doing a test drive tonight so hopefully it will be nice to drive.

The knackered Passat qualifies for £6k off the Tourneo under their scrappage scheme too as long as I can limp it onto their forecourt. 😛

DickBarton

How was it?

StuE
    Free Member

We have had 3 customs at work that have been returned to the hire company, 1st one alternator went , 2nd clutch and dmf,3rd electronic problems, lots of them, all with less than 25,000 miles on them

jonm81

It was great based on an hours test drive. I have bought a 170hp automatic long wheel base titanium model as that is what they had in stock. It was even the colour I wanted.

As a bonus I got £6k scrappage for the knackered Passat and argued another £5k off the price as it wasn’t the exact spec I wanted (missing leather seats and factory satnav).

Picking it up a week today so should be able to give a better opinion of it then.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Tourneo/Transit Custom’ is closed to new replies.