Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Touringtrackworld. anything planned?
  • ton

what you got planned for cycle touring this year?

always like to see where folk are heading.

Bayonne to St Malo in june for me and the wife. cant bloody wait.

simondbarnes

I have tentative plans to head over to Arran and beyond in late May if I can get my body working semi properly by then. If I can’t make it happen I’ll delay until Sept.

allthegear
    Free Member

If “anything on two wheels is good” still counts, then I’m in Fez right now.

Rachel (eating her own body weight in tagine, obviously)

cynic-al
    Free Member

Possible Hebrides tour in May with McMoonter

donald
    Free Member

Booked flights to Krakow in June with my pal Ronnie and a return from Pula in Croatia two weeks later. Route is Silesia, Moravia, Austria, Slovenia and Istria. Should work up a thirst 🙂

RustySpanner

Dunno yet.

It’s either Ireland, (North coast, down the West a bit), Holland, Belgium or possibly Spain for a couple of weeks this summer.
    Never been to Spain, but haven’t been to Ireland in ages and I really fancy a poke about the North West.

Few local loops planned, bit of camping out:
    Lancs Cycleway, Way of the Roses, C2C, that type of thing.

Fancy a slow ride to the coast too, start at first light, see how long it takes.

belugabob
    Free Member

Did the Avenue Verte, both ways, last year, and had been hoping to do Holland this year, but having issues committing to dates.
    Have now settled on Milton Keynes- Coventry-Oxford-Camberly-Crawley which, whilst not sounding exciting, is actually a surprisingly pleasant route (have done most of it before) and a bit easier to organise.
    It’s? riding bikes, with mates, stopping for leisurely lunches, and taking our time, so it’s all good.

Basil

14th April train to Blair Athol followed by a week around the Caingorms

That is in 18 days time

swanny853

Other half and I are getting the ferry to St Malo to spend a very lazy week wandering around Brittany. Expect much ice cream to be eaten and much beer to be drunk.

Based on the luggage we’re using i think we get to call it bikepacking, which makes us trendy.

Also hoping to take soem friend on 1 or 2 short trips, get them into it!

Royston
    Free Member

Not really a tour but I’m taking my son to do the Great Lake Trail in Taupo over the Easter weekend. Unfortunately a planned discovery of the Motu trails in the Bay of Plenty in January didn’t happen as having got there first my son and then myself became really unwell so we had to abort. I’m hoping we’ll be healthier this time and the weather is going to be ok. We spent 3 days kayaking down the Wanganui River last summer and on one of the days the rain was biblical with the river rising several metres in a matter of hours.

kcal

Hankering to try the Caledonian Way – from Kintyre up to Inverness and home. Which is pretty small beer I know (smaller than Donald & Ronnie will be having)Maybe some mini tours round NW Highlands and down in to Central Highlands. Trouble with feeling ‘flexible’ is that usually ends up nothing happening!

Good luck donald & Ronnie 🙂

donald
    Free Member

Yes it’s going to be hell!

kcal

pic not displaying. I assume beer.

IHN

We’ll be doing our now sort of annual weekend short tour, probably from home and through the Cotswolds or drive over somewhere Herefordshire way and do something around there.

Oh, and ten days of riding across Mongolia in June 🙂

donald
    Free Member

Beers (pl)

kcal

well beers – PL, CZ, AT, SI and the rest 🙂

nbt

Bay Cycleway, out and back – Morecambe (Glasson Dock) to Barrow and back to Morecambe. Speaking of which I need to find somewhere to park…

flanagaj
    Free Member

Sarn Helen late summer. Then again, I have been saying that for the last 2 years 🙂

steezysix
    Free Member

A few short trips in the UK and maybe over to Belgium/Holland, then bringing my new bikepacking bike back over to Norway for some longer late summer + autumn off road stuff.

PJ266
    Free Member

Meeting some friends in Munich for Oktoberfest, first time on a multi-day tour for me 😀

Going to do a few practice trips locally to iron out any kit issues.

Any advice for routes up and along the coast of France and into Belgium very welcome.

steezysix
    Free Member

@PJ266 – The main route would be the Eurovelo North Sea Cycle route (LF1) that basically will take you all along the top of France, Belgium, up into Holland and beyond. A nice few days is Ferry over to Calias/Dunkirk, then Ostend, Bruges, Antwerp to Hook of Holland and faeery back to UK. Lots of nice places to stop and good beer to drink!

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Touringtrackworld. anything planned?’ is closed to new replies.