Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Touring aspirations.
  • ton

where do you wanna go on your bike, with your house in your saddlebag.

Castrol
    Free Member

Currently seriously considering Vietnam for a month or so next April. Never done anything like it before but deciding rapidly thats life is too short not to try…

Matt.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

OZ coast to coast is one of my ambitions.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

To visit my best pal who lives in Tenerife.

kennyp
    Free Member

Just bought a Specialized Tricross and am hoping to spend a week next spring out in the Western Isles pedalling about and camping with no particular plan.

MrKmkII
    Free Member

everywhere! but i think next summer, a light offroad tour

edinburgh to glasgow via the canal
    glasgow to fort william on the west highland way
    fort bill to inverness on the great glen way
    inverness to dundee somehow
    dundee to edinburgh via the fife coastal path

excited just thinking about it! :mrgreen: it’ll be my first 8)

stills8tannorm
    Free Member

Bolivia beckons but it has for quite a few years!

ton

bolivia, chile, patagonia all look fantastic.

got a plan to ride off a dover to dunkirk ferry, take a left turn and disappear into northern europe for a 6 month summer trip.

stills8tannorm
    Free Member

Get it done man … “just nipping out for a paper love” 😀

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

An achievable ambition of mine is to ride the Tibetan Plateau, When I can afford it! Another one I fancy is the Coast 2 Coast.

The Newfoundland to B.C. one.

crewlie

Planning to bike camp from Calais to the Med next summer, hopefully long and leisurely. Gradually building up the kit. Would love to carry on from there to southern Italy or Spain and just keep going. Thought of this is the only thing keeping me sane at the moment.

vondally
    Free Member

the altlantic to med over the pryenees, done bits but not the whole lot in one go

the divide race but not as a race if you know what i mean

ton

vondally, we are still considering that for our week next year, audax stylee.
    or a weeks gentle offroading around a selected areaof the pyrenee’s.

druidh
    Free Member

Might be off to Scandinavia next year.

Really fancy Patagonia too.

PS – I don’t do hot places 🙂

vondally
    Free Member

ton for a week you will be spolit in the pryenees, prades great luchon fab biaritz area and above good, lucky man!

13thfloormonk

edinburgh to glasgow via the canal
    glasgow to fort william on the west highland way
    fort bill to inverness on the great glen way
    inverness to dundee somehow
    dundee to edinburgh via the fife coastal path

That would be great, and at least you know most of it will be rideable!

I’m getting ready for a coastal lap of Scotland, which is about 1700 miles or something. Thinking about sorting out a light and fast tourer that could cope with landrover tracks (a Tricross-a-like basically) and buying an extrawheel trailer. I’d also like to do Norway north-to-south, but don’t know anything about the country…

MrKmkII
    Free Member

yeah, it seemed like a good place to start, 13thfloormonk. i did half the southern upland way once but that was only two days – hardly counts!

stills8tannorm
    Free Member

Some friends (yes, of mine) moved out to Greece today so perhaps that’ll make a nice destination for next year. Saying that, I wouldn’t want to cycle through Greece in summer.

MoreCashThanDash

Ultimately, the Pyrenees from the Atlantic to the Med.

Shorter term attainable aspiration – in the pub after a night ride and one too many beers – is to do a tour of East Anglia taking in as many breweries, especially microbreweries – as we can fit into a week, staying only at pubs that do B&B and serve real ale, and getting some proper local sea food on the coast.

Retrodirect
    Free Member

Done Slovenia, Bosnia, Serbia, China, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan and Kyrgyzstan over the past few years on various trips.

This year hopefully Turkey, Georgia, Azerbaijan and Iran

alpinegirl
    Free Member

Off to the western USA for a few months next year to tour around from California via Utah to Montana then maybe further north. I would love to do Patagonia, also Tibet, and Siberia/Mongolia area (a bit tricky with visa’s though…) Also the west coast of Scotland. There are too many places to go!

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Touring aspirations.’ is closed to new replies.