Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Tour of Switzerland – Cunego coming down Grindlewald pass
  • tonyg2003

Blimey – anyone see this on Eurosport? What a descent.

Possibly one of the most scary passes I’ve ever seen. Damn they earn every penny when they do that.

mafu26
    Free Member

descending like that must be as hard/similar to nailing some techy single track

Carpediem
    Free Member

I’ll have to wait until tomorrow morning.Its on again at 7:45.

Margin-Walker
    Free Member

good descent – he was correcting it in a number of bends.

Good ride from Sagan but I do think he is a little too good to be true.

The motorbike behind Cunego was ridic

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

[quote]

scarier, it’s the acceleration that gets you, as soon as you are off the brakes you just plummet. found in the pyrenes on a loaded tourer that about 45mph and above it just gets terrifying. far more scared than any techy exposed alpine stuff i’ve ridden

mrmo
    Free Member

hmm… except singletrack is easier..

another

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxXqQqAc2pA[/video]

Margin-Walker
    Free Member

never tire of watching that

best bit at 3.34 where the car nearly has him and he is leaning it at a ridiculous angle

always remember Sean Kelly’s 60 mph descent down the poggio to catch Argentin and win Milan San remo.

finners

I have to say i like that stage a lot. Mainly has to do with having cycled it 2 years ago. Admitedly not nearly as fast! 😯

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Lovely bit of Mozart, that. 🙂

Crell
    Free Member

Great stage. Sagan was much more in control than Cunego on the descent, plus Sagan pulled back time on Cunego to bridge the gap.

If “ridic” is ridiculous MW, you’re absolutely right. Far too close.

molinifreeride
    Free Member

Don’t matter what sport you do – if you’re trying to go one better than a rival it’s bloody hard. Congratulations due to Bradley Wiggins too for winning the Dauphine Libere – that boy can handle his bike as well if you’ve ever seen him riding a Madison with his ‘best mate’ Mark Cavendish.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Tour of Switzerland – Cunego coming down Grindlewald pass’ is closed to new replies.