Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Tour of Britain Finish Kelso – Parking
  • simmy
    Free Member

Morning

I’m considering a mooch to Scotland on Sunday and am planning to visit Kelso to see the finish of the tour.

Having never been there before, has anyone an idea of where to park ?

Is it likely to be rammed as its a smallish market town ?

Thanks

paton
    Free Member

Springwood Park

paton
    Free Member

Stage One

Finish
    Free parking will be available in Kelso at the Border Union Showground at Springwood Park from 8am, with last entry at 3pm.  The car park will close at 6pm.
    Spectators are advised to arrive in Kelso in plenty of time to avoid any delays associated with rolling closures on the route into the town ahead of the race’s arrival at around 1.20pm for the first pass of the finish line. The race finish in the town centre is expected at around 3.20pm.
    SKODA King of the Mountains – Scott’s View. Parking restrictions will be in place along this section to keep the race route clear, but a free shuttle bus will operate from nearby Earlston and Dryburgh Abbey Hotel to ferry spectators to what will undoubtedly be a highlight of Stage One.

Tour of Britain – Stage 1

http://cyclescottishborders.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/TOB-Parking.pdf

simmy
    Free Member

Cheers Paton

I didn’t think the Tour website would be so detailed.

clubby

Holidaying there at the moment. Signs warning roads around parking area going to be closed from 12.30. My advice is to get here very early as lots of closures in surrounding area will cause traffic chaos. Narrow town streets and small back roads.
    Gutted to be heading home tomorrow and missing it all. Kelso and surrounding towns really embracing it. Shop windows all have painted bikes and lots of signs everywhere.
    Finish should be interesting as town centre all cobbled!

bellerophon
    Free Member

The town is looking really good, check out the man and bike in the hedge by the duke’s dyke 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Tour of Britain Finish Kelso – Parking’ is closed to new replies.