Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)
  • Tour of Britain – Anyone spectating?
  • tang
    Free Member

Thinking possibly of the Wells finish on Friday. Last chance to see the htc full team.

hooja
    Free Member

Dartmoor on thursday, followed by a nice rabbit pie at warren inn…’ansome!

yunki
    Free Member

I might ride up to Haytor.. Do you know what time they’re passing..?

I particularly like the way that ‘sorry for any inconvenience’ signs have been in place for more than 3 weeks..

other road events could really do with following that example

hooja
    Free Member

should be passing haytor around 11.30, may head there or to coffin stone or straight to warren inn. Theres a back lane from coffinstone to postbridge, reckon i would be beaten though and miss them past postbridge.

LardLover
    Free Member

Should be somewhere in the Borders tomorrow, not unless the wife whinges so much we have to go and pick up a new pup.

onereallynicespeed
    Free Member

i may go to wells on friday.the sprint finish should be interesting 🙂

flame
    Free Member

Smug post alert! I’m riding in a service car tomoro during the first stage…done it before and it’s awesome! Cav to win?!

tang
    Free Member

Nice one flame! Wells is a 30k circuit, so could see the hill then leg it to the finish.

singlecrack
    Free Member

Wells finish for me

llama

Was going to go on friday but to cheddar gorge. You think Wells would be better? Anyone reckon its possible to see the climb up the gorge then pedal over to wells for the finish too?

I don’t reckon Wells will be a bunch finish

tazzymtb

will probably walk to the bottom of the road with my son to see a highspeed blur of legs and lycra

niloC
    Free Member

I’m marshalling at Caerphilly on Wednesday, should be good

postierich
    Free Member

Will be watching the start in Kendal on Monday before I start 😯 my delivery.

tony_m
    Free Member

Stage 2 for me, though I’m still trying to decide whether I can realistically watch the race go past out in the Fylde somewhere, then ride straight back into Blackpool and get to the finish quicker than a pro peloton can going the longer way round.

Unlikely, methinks… 😳

singlecrack
    Free Member

Wells def looks like a bunch finish
    from Shepton Mallet to Wells along the relief road flat out then a right at the roundabout by the Sherston then 200yrd Sprint finish

schmiken

Watching on Saturday at Christchurch Hill in Ipswich.

sas
    Free Member

Exeter on Thursday morning. And if it’s sunny and I’m not busy I might cycle to see the finish in Exmouth.

project
    Free Member

http://www.tourseries.co.uk

and download the press pack, all the timings, and rote andback to finish maps

100mphplus
    Free Member

Yep, although I can’t not watch them as they will be passing my office window at ~ 11:50am on Tues morning 😆

mooman
    Free Member

Will be on Caerphilly mtn watching – and hoping – to see them give everything before the quick sprint down to the finish line.

Cav ain ‘t winning this stage ..

Hornet600
    Free Member

Will be watching the Bury stage start (stage 8 I think) next Saturday, and then in Top Gear fashion race the boys to Diss. They will have twice as far to go…………….

AnalogueAndy
    Free Member

llama – Member
    Was going to go on friday but to cheddar gorge. You think Wells would be better? Anyone reckon its possible to see the climb up the gorge then pedal over to wells for the finish too?

I don’t reckon Wells will be a bunch finish

Big group of us riding down (from Bath), plan is ride down through the gorge, up and down a few times, coffee, find a prime spot, chalk a few names up, shout abuse at them as they come through and they charge after them, turn left where they go straight on toward Shepton Mallet and head for the climb out of Wells (Old Bristol Hill), see them up that and then head down into Wells for the finish and autograph and bidon hunting, something to eat and ride home 😆

Last time it’ll be coming to Somerset for a while – they’ve sadly ended their sponsorship 🙁

foxyrider
    Free Member

Marshalling at the Start of Stage 5 in Exeter 🙂 and then going to Exmouth for the finish 🙂

instanthit
    Free Member

Haytor on Thursday and then try and nip across to Mortenhampstead for return leg.

OCB
    Free Member

Haytor for me too, then maybe a ride over the moor to Mortenhampstead.
    I’m tempted to ride up from the back of Ashburton somewhere…

Exeter should be a good for picturesque start.

Hmm, what tyres for spectating?

😛

foxyrider
    Free Member

Spare one with a beer 😉

globalti
    Free Member

I took the day off to ride over and watch stage two coming through Longridge. As soon as I got outside and felt the strength of the wind I nipped back in and checked the website to find…. cancelled!

So I’ve had a rummage through the wife’s bottom drawer, been out to Maplins, painted some skirting boards and now I’m going to clean the family bathroom. Yawn.

FuzzyWuzzy

Marshalling at one of the sprints on stage 4, was hoping to be at the Brecon KOM though as the sprint will be over pretty quick. Unless there’s a crash ofc but doubtful…

OCB
    Free Member

Sunny spells and light winds forecast for tomorrow, so Dartmoor should look at it’s best. See you on Haytor!

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Yes. Hoping to catch it 3 times on Friday – twice up near The Hunters’ Lodge, and at the finish in Wells.

Nipper99
    Free Member

Saw them come through Brecon today. Lots of people out to watch.

valleydaddy
    Free Member

Watched it today in Aberdare, loads of folk out cheering them on 😀

Daisy_Duke
    Free Member

Went to watch start at Welshpool this morning. Wifey very excited as she got loads of autographs and just seen herself on tonights TV coverage 😀

footflaps

I’m heading to London to watch the race on Sunday.

charlierevell
    Free Member

I should be watching the start in Taunton on friday, then haring to cheddar gorge, followed by wells for the finish!!

will
    Free Member

Be there on Sunday for the London TT stage. Should be good!

grtdkad

🙁 really wishing that they’d come back and do the Malverns KoM again 🙁

…next year maybe?

Fuzzyfelt
    Free Member

Should be a couple of SPAM shirts on Old Bristol Rd, then dropping down into Wells for the finish.

yunki
    Free Member

Well that was ace..

It really was quite a spectacle watching them arrive at Haytor..
    Loads and loads of frothing mamils.. sirens.. lights.. helicopters.. cheering.. shouting.. thousands of punters.. hundreds of motorbikes.. the little ‘un flippin LOVED it..

His little toy police car with the european siren went down well with the die hard TDF fans too.. 🙂

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

I’ll be wearing a Singletrack jersey (splattered with mud) around the Old Bristol Hill and the finish in Wells tomorrow

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘Tour of Britain – Anyone spectating?’ is closed to new replies.