Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Tour of Britain
  • whosthedaddy
    Free Member

Tour of Britian, more like tour of Engurland with a day in Wales 😕

Really enjoyed it last year running through the borders, the hills north of the border must not hold much of a challenge this year for the Sky team.

druidh
    Free Member

A bit like the Wales Rally GB then?
    What exactly does GB stand for in this context?
    Is there another Wales it might get confused with?

bristolbiker
    Free Member

Think they have to go to areas where the police are friendly and will support the rolling road closures without charging the earth. The South West seem quite keen on supporting it as a way to bring tourist money into the region, hence the double stage in Devon and Somerset…. wall to wall coverage in the parents local rag last year, who live local to the route.

BigDummy
    Free Member

Yes, and they need a local tourism authority or regional development agency to sponsor the stage I think. It's not like the TdF, where everywhere wants it to visit them. It'd be a very different race if they could start with a map of the country, draw a squiggle and then got every village within 10 miles each side to bid for the honour of the race coming through. 🙂

bristolbiker
    Free Member

Yes, and they need a local tourism authority or regional development agency to sponsor the stage I think

BD has summarised what I was trying to say in much clearer manner – chapeau monsieur 😉

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Tour of Britain’ is closed to new replies.