Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Tour de Suisse (spoilers)
  • mrblobby
    Free Member

Anyone watching? Some great racing so far, Sagan doing the rainbow jersey proud. Just coming down the back of the Gotthard Pass now and am wondering WTF Gilbert has on his head….?

Buff pulled up over his lid?

mrblobby
    Free Member

No one watching? Shame. Stage 3 was classic Sagan. Today’s was pretty good too. Guess it’s lacking the big GC players though.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I’m watching..

lunge

Is there a good feed anywhere? I’d like to be watching but am not.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Not sure. Watching on the Eurosport player here.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Sagz last stage win was terrific. Rode away from the peloton on the final climb, caught the 2 man break on the descent, casually took a gel whilst flicking around narrow 90 degree bends in ancient town centre, monstered the sprint and described it as “like PlayStation!” in the interview.

The riders that didn’t get arm warmers etc on for the Gotthard descent today looked to be really suffering, the Katusha rider on Gilbert’s wheel when the Buff screenshot above was taken was shivering so hard it looked like he was struggling to control the bike.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Speaking of bike control… yesterdays finale was a bit crazy too…

Quite the save! A lot of rider complains about a sharp right hander 100m before the finish line.

Spin
    Free Member

lot of rider complains about a sharp right hander 100m before the finish line.

This is what roadies call a ‘technical finish’. It’s a road, it has bends, get over it.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Yeah you’re absolutely right.

Why do they put crash pads on trees on WC DH runs? It’s a mountain, it has trees on it, get over it.

3/10 for a poorly thought out, flawed troll.

Spin
    Free Member

Why do they put crash pads on trees on WC DH runs? It’s a mountain, it has trees on it, get over it.

1/10 for a poorly thought out analogy. I’ve never heard DH riders complaining about trees on the course.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Should be a good one today too…

slowoldman

I’m watching catch-up on Steephill.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Oh dear 🙂

xyeti
    Free Member

The Danny VP endo was prob less to do with the corner and more to do with Sagan giving it elbows true MTBer stylie into and out of the corner, VP grabbed an arm full of brake as Sagan went straight across him and very nearly went right over, as you can see from the pics. To be honest I was struggling to stay awake watching it after hanging on Carlton Kirbys quick wit and banter inc the well hung boar in the Daughphine to the enduring the dulcet tones of the TDS commentators the Z sniper was out.

I reckon the G wagon will shift the bus, or pull the back off it, baring in mind that was 3 days ago it’s moved already and pads on trees and corners in roads, that s just daft, the riders were highlighting their concerns that the UCI had penalised him but thought the corner OK?

That’s how I read it,

mrblobby
    Free Member

Speaking of G wagons, not a good stage for the Welshman today, maybe they’d been playing coverage of the football over his radio. And where did Tejay go? Porte must be the phone to BMC management by now!

mrblobby
    Free Member

Not see the stage today. Lopez ahead of Cancellara in an ITT in the Tour de Suisse, what is going on? Was it a hilly one?

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Tour de Suisse (spoilers)’ is closed to new replies.