Viewing 5 posts - 81 through 85 (of 85 total)
  • Tour de France predictions
  • aa
    Free Member

someone once said that you can only beat who’s in front of you.

if wiggins’ wins i don’t think that the non participation of contador/schlek will make any difference, he can’t help that they didn’t even make the start line.

wiggins’ would have beat schlek in a straight fight this year anyway.

BristolPablo
    Free Member

Wiggo in yellow, Sagan in Green and someone in the polka jersey. Cav wont get green because he hasnt got teh team around him to do the job over three weeks, that sky team is set up nicely for Wiggo with only EBH ready to lead out Cav. Sagan has been awesome over the last twelve months and will monster his way to the green jersey. Goss will run him close though as GreenEdge have already said thats their sole intention. Kittel is a dark horse for green.

Wiggo should take yello, his only real competition will be Cuddle and Sanchez but Sanchez cant TT like Wiggo and with almost 100kms of ITT throughout the race, thats a lot of time to make up. Menchov could be a dark horse but appears to be off form.

I’m expecting the likes of Jeremy ROy and Slyvan Chavanel to have good tours, Leipheimer, Hesdejal etc all to be in the mix but its really Wiggos to lose and with Froome and Porte next to him he cant balls it up really.

The first week will suit the likes of Gilbert as there are a few uphill finishes after relatively flat stages. the mountains this year arent as tough as previous years, only two summit finishes in 2012.

mudshark
    Free Member

GC:
    Wiggo – TTs will give him a good buffer for the mountains
    Evans – will put in a good show in the mountains and do well in the TTs
    F Schleck – may surprise a few

I still think Cav will ride to the end and get some stage wins but not be so concerned about going Green so I’ll go for Greipel.

aracer
    Free Member

its really Wiggos to lose and with Froome and Porte next to him he cant balls it up really.

Well he could always do something similar to last year – don’t go putting your house on him.

AlexSimon

Yep, with all the random elements in the tour, it really was incredible that Lance could win 7 in a row. Doping/whatever aside.

Viewing 5 posts - 81 through 85 (of 85 total)

The topic ‘Tour de France predictions’ is closed to new replies.