Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Tour de Cowpe
  • MadBillMcMad

I planned this ride a while back with the aim of going up & down Cowpe in as many ways as reasonably possible – http://www.gpsies.com/map.do?fileId=qnksdkeatqmuqete

Have I missed any ups or downs of note ?

nbt

There’s a track through Naden Reservoirs that’s worth considering – not suer how you;d link it in though apart from maybe doing a balloon loop from rooley moor road out to Cheesden

LapSteel
    Free Member

You’ve missed out the gentle slopes of Rakehead lane….a ride up there would be grand in this weather 😀

MadBillMcMad

nbt,
    Perhaps I could drop down off Rooley More to the Naden resis, out via Red Lumb, & then climb back up the track at Owd Betts back up to Rooley Moor.

MapSteel,
    The route pops out half way down Rooley Moor road below Cowpe Resi. Perhaps lazy (atleast in arm chair biking terms) but I thought that was enough.

globalti
    Free Member

You’ve missed the smashing little descent off the end of the tramway down to Waterfoot.

I haven’t been up there for a couple of years now – what is the route from Rooley Moor Road across the moor to Lee Quarry like? I though I’d read somewhere that it’s been sanitised? What about the route clockwise round from Lee Quarry above Whitworth and back to Rooley Moor Road? Is that easy to find? I fancy taking Gti Junior up there to re-visit some old haunts.

MadBillMcMad

globalti,
    Not sure where the tramway is – streetmap linky please.

The Rooley Moor to Lee Quarry route is now a hard pack track instead of the old bog fest but with a series of about 20 to 30 jumps some pretty severe (for me). It certainly helps with the linking to Cragg quarry which if you have not done since Rowan Sorrel did his bit you must go & do.

I think I have included that Whitworth loop you mention that is the big eastern loop.

justme
    Free Member

yes a couple of crackers email me and I’ll explain them G
    will put my email in my profile

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Tour de Cowpe’ is closed to new replies.