Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Tough phone cases
  • Following on from the iPhone case thread….

Thinking of getting the HTC One X+. Don’t want an iPhone and prefer the UI of HTC to Samsung, so ruled out the Galaxy SIII. Anyway, not a thread about the actual phone.

I’ve got a Casemate Barely There on my Desire HD, but it gets a lot of grit behind it and the phone looks knackered – has survived a few drops though.

I fancy something a bit tougher and maybe a bit more sealed round the edges (not sure if I’ll achieve the 2nd requirement though). Anyway, browsed through a few and seem to have come down to the Casemate Tough and Ballistic SG – both with a silicone skin and hard outer cover. The Ballistic seems to give a bit more protection on the corners, but has anyone any experience of either?

Please no suggestions for the Otterbox, as I don’t like ’em.

Ta.

sneakyg4
    Free Member

Have a look at Otterbox cases, I had my old iphone 3gs in one and it survived many knocks and spills, phone was still perfect after two years of use. Mind you, it turns the phone into a big lump.

sneakyg4
    Free Member

Banging my head in the fridge door as I type. Apologies.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I reckon otterbox…….

Sorry thats just the one I ended up with

bigyim
    Free Member

I had the case mate tough on my s2. Makes the phone a bit big and heavy but protected it well. Got dropped trod on and slammed in a car door with no damage

Ha, no worries sneakyg4 – mikewsmith, you have no excuses 😀

trail_rat
    Free Member

Griffin survivor out for your phone ?

It would appear not trail rat – a bit fugly too IMO

labsey
    Free Member

Otterbox.

Pieface

Case mate tough is good, but not bothered with my current phone as all cases make your phone ugly / fat and replacement outers / screens are readily available and its insured.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Tough phone cases’ is closed to new replies.